I need help figuring out my boyfriend's type. :)
At the beginning of our relationship, he tested ENTJ. Now it's almost been a year later, and he tested ESFJ twice. He seems to display qualities for both, but sometimes I feel like he's more ENTJ and sometimes I change my mind and think he's ESFJ.
He might be testing ESFJ because I recently got into a car accident and was sad that he couldn't be there to take care of me since he's back home in NorCal for Christmas and I'm in Southern California since I'm from here.
I also have an INTJ friend who's a computer programmer too, and when I ask them for advice, they seem to have the same opinions. They both think very rationally with things (probably because it's their field of study), but my boyfriend has a better grasp of emotions and feelings than my INTJ friend who struggles with that. :P
- He's studying computer science, so he has to think very logically.
- He's a lot more mature than me (ENFP)
- Very cool, calm, and collected most of the time
- Logical and rational thinker, unlike me. He doesn't mind that my thinking is very illogical, though
- Whenever I need him for help, he will drop everything to try to find an answer or a solution
- He's very observant and thoughtful: For a Christmas present to me, he bought me a camera of my favorite brand and said he figured I'd like it because he always noticed me going to look at cameras whenever we went shopping. Even though he knew I broke a lot of my previous cameras, he said he felt like it would make me happy to have one again. He spent a week researching and asking his friends about the best camera to get me, and I thought he was really thoughtful for doing that. :)
- He's normally clean, but around midterms and finals, his room can be a mess since he leaves his clothes lying around on the floor. When his finals are over, his room is super clean and then the cycle repeats :P
- He doesn't like inefficiency or wasting time even though I'm very inefficient because my mind is always wandering everywhere
- Very blunt and straightforward with his words and opinions
- VERY good with words. It makes me jealous because I'm so scatter brain
- Very good at teaching complex programming concepts to me
- Very consistent with communicating with me every day
- Always loves to talk about how our day is going :)
- Very affectionate in person and is always courteous and considerate
- Typically very outgoing and many people find him likeable
- Small circle of close friends from high school, although he can make friends easily. He seems to only really open up to me.
- Doesn't get jealous when I'm talking to other guys at parties; He actually enjoys the freedom we let each other have at social events because this gives us time to catch up with our friends separately rather than being those couples who never separate at parties
- Always seems to mirror my emotions and enthusiam
- Very open and comfortable with talking about emotional stuff, but it's mostly me talking and he listens; he provides his insight if he feels I'm not being assertive enough or if I'm being "too nice"
- I feel like he loves to be adored and appreciated, but he doesn't shower it in return; He feels that if he says "I love you" too often, it makes it less special
- Doesn't seem to plan much, but when he plans things for me and they don't go well, he can get upset
- When he's really tired and I'm still awake, he won't admit that he's tired because he tries to stay up with me as much as he can. He'll admit that he's tired when he's practically passed out. :P
- He doesn't really use his social network accounts online; He has a facebook but rarely uses it only to Poke me in a few seconds if we're having Poke Wars :P He has a YouTube but he doesn't even use it to favorite videos or anything xD
- Loves his family dearly
- Is into fantasy football and loves playing video games
- Loves collecting the Marvel vending machine chibi figurines and other small toys of TV shows that he likes (Simpsons, Batman, etc)
I hope this is enough info! Feel free to ask any questions that can help you with figuring out his type. I will greatly appreciate it! :D