1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm too serious compared to the other ExxPs I've seen here. I do joke around and not take things seriously when I probably should, BUT overall I think I spend more time thinking of "dark" things than other EPs. I'm not as carefree, I'm more obsessive, but engaging the outside world is fun/interesting/energizing, etc. I just seem to be plagued by some things EPs appear free of. I can usually solve things and move on; things that would put a serious dent in my friends, don't really get to me or phase me. Except for one big problem that I've had for about 3 years now... I can't seem to solve it and it's causing a "cloud of darkness" hanging over me all the damn time. I think that cloud makes me appear more serious, and less like an EP.
It also makes me appear more F-like, because the problem has started to cause emotional problems now...
I'm also relatively cautious for an EP. Perhaps it's my sp-first stacking.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to solve my cloud of darkness so I can progress to other things. Other than that I have difficulty narrowing it down to one main thing I want out of life. But I think I want to improve the world, make large-scale contributions to a field of interest, at a system level. I wouldn't say I want to help people, it's not what motivates me, but of course if my contributions *do* help people that's great.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Working on things I enjoy. What other people would consider work, I consider play, IF I enjoy what I'm doing. Working on an interesting project, especially if I'm collaborating with others that are not stupid and will consider my suggestions instead of continuing to do stupid things when I have a better alternative.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people think I'm uncreative, non-curious, or stupid. A good example is with university courses I don't find interesting. I'm so disengaged and my professors/TAs think I'm stupid because I don't participate, hand in assignments on time, etc. and non-curious because I seldom think about the course content. Of course I'm not going to think about it if I don't find it interesting, but the professors think that I'm not curious. They don't realize that I am VERY curious about things I find interesting. Their misconception actually bothers me a little. I'm in 4th year so my classes are so small everyone knows me by name.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
What contributes best to my future or the world's future, i.e. what leads me towards my goals the best. Or what allows me to keep multiple possible futures open for myself. But I know that closing doors is sometimes necessary and I will do that if I need to. I can be very decisive if I know what is best for me, and sometimes, I know.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Emphasis on the process rather than the outcome. Ideally I would just do what's interesting and leave the rest, but in university I care somewhat about my grades... so I'll do unpleasant work for the sake of grades. So if a high grade is the outcome, I want to have control. If it's a personal project, then I just want to enjoy and be interested in the process of it.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
In general, I like intellectually stimulating conversation that is really engaging. My memory is really bad!
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize. I don't learn through action and I don't see experience as a good teacher. I trust my perceptions and ideas; I don't need to experience something to know it.
As I said, my memory sucks, so I pretty much can't memorize things. Which is why memorization-based courses are so difficult for me.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm ok. I know where things are (usually) and there aren't any rodents living in my apartment so it can't be too bad.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Former, by far.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I don't seek harmony, but if I accidentally find it, it's thanks to the latter.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking and blurt out half-formed thoughts or things I shouldn't say. I'm ok with both one-on-one and group. I get louder and less focused in groups, so one-on-one can be better to clarify my thoughts.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before leaping. I think words can speak as loudly as actions.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
My friends are really annoying and I would still consider watching the show later to go out with them. Tough call.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I start caring what other people think of me way more than usual, I believe bad things will never change, I become afraid to move forward (when normally forward is the only way I think), I get flooded with bad memories from the past (that I could never recall consciously), I say horrible things on purpose to inflict maximal damage on other people
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they place too much emphasis on the practical, without enough unrestrained thought. People who won't even entertain thoughts that don't have practical ends, people who refuse to speculate, people who only deal with known facts, people who are afraid of the unknown, people who dislike the new just because it's new, people who reject new ideas without any consideration just because the ideas are new
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Politics, philosophy, psychology (not only MBTI lol), technology, cats
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Cleanliness of my environment, the time, physical state
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They always say I'm "unpredictable", but these are SJs so I don't know what unpredictable means to them. I think they are looking at each action by itself and not seeing the overall pattern behind them. They perceive me as studious, and in a way I'm always reading/writing/talking about things I find interesting, even if those things are not related to university studies.
They would never say I'm boring, needy, clingy, warm, strict, or uptight.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Take a walk with people I like, see some new places/stores/restaurants/etc., watch movies, work on projects I like