Hi, I'm fairly new to the MBTI; I took the test about 2 years ago and wasn't as interested in it. But long story short: I'm currently going through some life transitions and would like more "answers" about myself and whatnot. So I recently took the test again, and the results are usually INFJ or ISFJ. If anyone can help type me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
-Hmm, Ni..mostly because I've always considered myself more "realistic."
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
-Haha, as cliche as it may sound, I guess peace and meaningful relationships/friendships with others, and to who have a better sense of who I am because.. I like harmony, and I like personal growth and self knowledge.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
-When I attended a university that was seven hours away from home (haha), and I could just do my own thing. Also, the campus was in the middle of a forest, and I just felt like I "fitted in."
4) What makes you feel inferior?
-When my emotions get the best of me, rather than using logic. Also, math and science, haha.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
-Whether or not I'll offend/insult/hurt someone with what I will say or do. I usually think about what I'll say ahead of time. And I think about whether or not my decision will be beneficial in the end.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
-If the results are what I had hoped for/envisioned. Yes, I like having credit for my contributions.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
-One time, my friends and I hiked at night to find this cave to just explore. It was literally pitch-black in the forest, and everyone was freaking out, haha. But usually it’s just being out with friends, and most of the fun occurs while we’re on the road.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
- Kinesthetic or visual learning.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
-I can be a neat-freak sometimes. :p
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
-I try to be objective as possible with facts, but I also reason with my experience(s). But I also try to understand the principles too..so I try to see from different perspectives.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
-If everyone is doing fine, then it makes me have one less thing to worry about. Yet I try to express myself in some way, instead of being a total pushover. I think about how others might perceive me, but at the same time, I can be myself and follow what I believe if I don’t think others are reasonable in stopping me from doing so, if that makes sense.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
-I think before I speak, especially if it’s public speaking. I usually rehearse what I’ll say, too. I prefer one-on-one communication because group discussion can get too intense and overwhelming for me, but it’s stimulating at the same time.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
-Probably the latter. And actions can speak louder than words, but it depends on the situation..Hurtful or inspirational words can have the same impact.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
-Well, I don’t really have a favorite show, so I’d probably go for a night out.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
-I tend to be moody, heh. Also, I don’t like to be bothered or be around people when I’m stressed out.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
-People that aren’t genuine, obnoxiousness, nonconstructive criticism, ignorance, rudeness
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
-philosophy, life/experiences, music, beliefs, psychology, religion, films, culture, art etc.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
-the lives of celebrities, probably
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
-They often tell me that I’m understanding/empathetic, persevering, indecisive, self-doubting, picky, cynical, and a “free-spirit”, and they probably think I’m sensitive. I can be picky for certain things, but I think it’s more of high expectations (of others and myself), and I am a pretty cynical person, but I’m more optimistic than pessimistic. They’d never say that I’m easy to understand , careless, or one who never worries and stresses out.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
-Depends on my mood. Maybe sleep in, go for a walk/hike, read, watch movies or tv shows, go out with friends