I usually come up either 5 or 9. Not sure which is the correct one because I can see plenty of faults in both. I just thought it would be good to get some outsider perspective. I answered as honestly as I am able. If Ive contradicted myself, ask, I will attempt to clarify.
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Knowledge. Or more accurately understanding. I want to understand as much about the world around me and the people in it as possible.
2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Im not sure yet. I want to find something I can be passionate about. Some area of expertise I can really contribute to the world around me with. (I would especially love to become a great artist, maybe not well known, but skilled)
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I never want to find that I have become a hypocrite. I value honesty, understanding, competency, integrity..
4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I am terrified of being seen as incompetent. I am terrified of finding that the truths I have built my life around are somehow false. I am scared of also of losing the people I love to some scenario I cant foresee or control. (But who isnt) I feel that the "why" of all of these is rather self-evident..
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I see myself as someone wildly lacking in knowledge, I can only hope that I fool everyone else into thinking I am wise and knowing.
6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when my world is peaceful and quiet. When there is no external conflict to draw away my attention. When I can focus on the things I wish to be doing, rather than having to accomplish meaningless tasks. I feel the worst when I have no time to centre myself, when the world around me is a tempest and Ive lost my anchor.
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I hulk out. It happens rarely but true anger for me is very unpleasant. I lose control. A strange sensation of tightness takes over my body. I cant remember the last time I was angry. b) I feel as though I need to hide in a corner. I shy away from any attention.At least more so than usual. I hate that I allow others to cause me to feel shameful. c) anxiety makes me feel as though my mind has gone haywire. I cant focus, I cant find the answer to the situation causing me anxiety. I feel a similar tightness to anger, but it is focused in my chest.
8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) I try to avoid stress. Stress is the enemy because I cant focus when I am stressed. I know that if I could just concentrate I would be able to deal with whatever was causing the stress, but I cant. b) Unexpected change usually isnt too much of an issue. I can change gears quickly, I might feel slightly anxious when there is a lack of communication regarding the change, or if I am the one left to orchestrate the change. c) I hate conflict. I lived for years in constant conflict with my family and I hid away in my room because I couldnt handle the unending turmoil that being around them caused...
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) authority is often imaginary. I dont respond to authority for its own sake. Power on the other hand can lend credibility to authority. I usually avoid being in situations where I have the authority or the power over a situation because I dont want to be held responsible for the outcome.
10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I am not sure how to answer. I suppose I am more focused on myself and my loved ones to have much of an opinion on humanity as a whole...
11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) I put knowledge first, I value those around me for their strengths, rather than focus on weakness, When I am feeling well I rarely lose my emotional balance. b) I can only see my own faults, its hard to see good in myself even when I have it pointed out to me. I procrastinate...
14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
I dont put alot of stock in to the comments of strangers. I have never to my knowledge had a remark that was of true value from a stranger..
16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?