[Enneagram Type 4] Adhd

Adhd

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Thank Tree21Thanks

This is a discussion on Adhd within the Type 4 Forum - The Individualist forums, part of the Heart Triad - Types 2,3,4 category; So I was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary school because I stopped doing my homework and was struggling in 4th ...

  1. #1
    Type 4

    Adhd

    So I was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary school because I stopped doing my homework and was struggling in 4th grade compared to my previous grades.

    I was wondering if any of you other 4s were diagnosed with this as well. Lately I've been wondering if ADHD is more to do with your way of seeing things rather than any sort of mental deficiency, because although I've been assured time and time again that my ADHD is "severe" I've always found ways to pull it together and focus. I can describe my experience as as learning to work with it, and that once you learn to look at life differently it stops being an impairment and more of a different way of looking at things. That is the conclusion I came to about regarding my own diagnosis, which happened around late high school, then it hit me that that sounds an awful lot like 4s (especially us 4w5's) experiencing our own abstract fantasy worlds and learning to live in reality.

    And so now I'm asking you guys! Have any of you been diagnosed with ADHD? What are your thoughts on ADHD? Do you think I'm way wrong?
    Acey thanked this post.



  2. #2

    I always knew I would have been diagnosed with it since I learned about it in fourth grade, as well, where almost every other kid had SOMETHING. If my parents had faith in psychiatry, though, and chose to pump their children with drugs that changed the way their brains functioned, then I would have been taking medication for a long time now. But thankfully, we're not sheep who fall to propaganda and human experimentation. I love my parents for that, and truly appreciate the fact that I had the freedom to express myself and my way of thinking without any unnecessary boundaries to do so.
    ImminentThunder and Mataes thanked this post.

  3. #3

    Any Enneagram or MBTI type can have AD(H)D.
    Owfin thanked this post.

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    Any Enneagram or MBTI type can have AD(H)D.
    Hello! You seem to be new to ADHD and how it happens to work in practice!
    While your statement is correct, you don't seem to be familiar with the term called "misdiagnosis". I live in Norway, and out of all the Scandinavian countries, we're the ones with the most ADHD-diagnosed kids/adolescents/adults.

    Does that mean that Norwegians are just bound to have ADHD by default, or could it be that society finds it easier to blame an individual's quirkiness on a diagnosis?

    In the latter case, 4s are more likely to get the diagnosis. And that's what sets them apart from the rest of the Enneagram. ;)

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Hello! You seem to be new to ADHD and how it happens to work in practice!
    While your statement is correct, you don't seem to be familiar with the term called "misdiagnosis". I live in Norway, and out of all the Scandinavian countries, we're the ones with the most ADHD-diagnosed kids/adolescents/adults.

    Does that mean that Norwegians are just bound to have ADHD by default, or could it be that society finds it easier to blame an individual's quirkiness on a diagnosis?
    All it says is that the diagnosis ADHD is getting more attention in Norway.


    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    In the latter case, 4s are more likely to get the diagnosis. And that's what sets them apart from the rest of the Enneagram. ;)
    Show me some statistics that isn't forum polls or stop pulling facts out of your arse.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    All it says is that the diagnosis ADHD is getting more attention in Norway.
    Show me some statistics that isn't forum polls or stop pulling facts out of your arse.
    All it says is that ADHD is getting more attention in Norway? Not true. If people are becoming more aware of psychopaths, does that mean that more psychopaths will be born? Of course not. People aren't given the diagnosis to look pretty, the diagnosis is given as a way of saying "You're broken".

    And I'm not talking about polls or self-diagnosis here, I'm talking about the very fact that 4s do tend to behave in a manner that isn't socially acceptable. They're too eccentric. ADHD or ADD would fit this bill a lot more. 5s fit the Aspergers syndrome more than any of the other Enneatypes. And the 6 would most likely have anxieties that manifest themselves through obsessions or intrusive thoughts (OCD).

    It's just psychology, dude ;)

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    All it says is that ADHD is getting more attention in Norway? Not true. If people are becoming more aware of psychopaths, does that mean that more psychopaths will be born? Of course not. People aren't given the diagnosis to look pretty, the diagnosis is given as a way of saying "You're broken".

    And I'm not talking about polls or self-diagnosis here, I'm talking about the very fact that 4s do tend to behave in a manner that isn't socially acceptable. They're too eccentric. ADHD or ADD would fit this bill a lot more. 5s fit the Aspergers syndrome more than any of the other Enneatypes. And the 6 would most likely have anxieties that manifest themselves through obsessions or intrusive thoughts (OCD).

    It's just psychology, dude ;)
    If psychopathy is getting more attention then more psychopaths will be diagnosed, more aren't born. Your logic seems to fluctuate on this part. A person isn't born when they get a diagnosis, geez.

    Behaving in a way that isn't considered socially acceptable does by no way qualify anyone for ADHD alone, you seriously need to reevaluate your "supposed" knowledge about ADHD.

    It's not psychology, it's bullshit.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    If psychopathy is getting more attention then more psychopaths will be diagnosed, more aren't born. You logic seems to fluctuate on this part. A person isn't born when they get a diagnosis, geez.
    That's not what I meant! :P My initial point still stands. The fact that more people are born with ADHD in Norway is complete and utter bullshit. It's a job done poorly by whoever evaluated the kid. In the U.S., the more you go East, the more people are diagnosed with ADHD. The Eastern parts of North-America don't have more kids with ADHD, it's just excessively misdiagnosed! :D

    Behaving in a way that isn't considered socially acceptable does by no way qualify anyone for ADHD alone, you seriously need to reevaluate your "supposed" knowledge about ADHD.
    If I were to begin describing how people with ADHD behave, socially acceptable is the easiest way to do so. Of course, there are many reasons for how and why they're socially acceptable, and as I'm not getting into the theoretical components of the diagnosis (as that would take too much time), I'm just going to describe how it works in practice. And how it works in practice is that people with ADHD are far too intense and eccentric for most people. They talk pretty fast, are able to juggle between ideas and debates (which to most people is very stressing and difficult to keep up with) and they have a lot of energy and crave a lot of stimuli. For most people, this is a lot to handle, and as an effect, people with ADHD are excluded.

    It's not psychology, it's bullshit.
    It is psychology. Being able to interpret and work with psychological theories is what studying psychology is all about. ;)

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    It is psychology. Being able to interpret and work with psychological theories is what studying psychology is all about. ;)
    Clinical psychology is scientific, so please show me some sources to support your claims. Then we can talk about your psychological theories.

  10. #10
    Type 4

    Could you guys continue this in a pm or something? This is off topic. I'm not trying to make any scientific statement, I just want to hear from 4s and their thoughts on ADHD and their experiences with it. You don't have to be a four to post, but I'm more interested in hearing what you guys consider ADHD to be.
    Acey, NingenExp, Transcendence and 1 others thanked this post.


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTP's and ADHD (Vote please even if you don't have ADHD)
    By TickTalk in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 03:44 AM
  2. [ISTP] Do you think I have ADD/ADHD
    By Coolbeans777 in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 08:44 AM
  3. Adhd
    By PAdude in forum NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 08:47 AM
  4. Adhd
    By PAdude in forum NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM
  5. [INTJ] Adhd
    By dagnytaggart in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe