Socionics Description: The Best ENTJ Guide Ever Written

Socionics Description: The Best ENTJ Guide Ever Written

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Thank Tree27Thanks

This is a discussion on Socionics Description: The Best ENTJ Guide Ever Written within the Socionics Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; ...

  1. #1

    Socionics Description: The Best ENTJ Guide Ever Written

    The Rational ENTj


    By Jack London [ENTj]

    What's coming up next is a sentence that could most accurately summarize the ENTj's mindset. Enthusiastic and optimistic about the future, the ENTj wants to be the one who's at the forefront of advancement. Possessing a peculiar combination of idealism and pragmatism in his personality, the ENTj is a person who wants to make his dreams come true.

    The ENTj is a very rational person. He lives with an internal set of principles. These are not arbitrary or merely accepted from conventional wisdom. Rather, they stem from a critical examination of any available empirical evidence at disposal. The ENTj thrives for objectivity. He wants to know the 'Right' answer to everything. For this reason, he is particularly fond of measures and tests because they enable him to objectify reality, helping him to make correct decisions and accurate predictions. The ENTj thinks like a scientist, only accepting things if they have been put to an objective test. If you need to make an objective decision about anything, ask an ENTj.

    The ENTj has a gut feeling about what lies behind appearances. He has also got a good intuition about the future. These two characteristics enable him to be often ahead of others, since they help him in predicting events accurately. In order to do this, the ENTj makes intuitive hypotheses according to an existing theoretical model he has elaborated. These intuitions are then naturally put to the test of time. If the existing outcome is different than his prediction, then the ENTj will correct his model. The ENTj's Intuition thus serves his Thinking. Because of this he is rather impatient. Indeed, he is so eager about the future that he cannot seem to be able to let the present unfold normally.

    The ENTj projects an aura of arrogance because of the two previous attitudes. There are several reasons for this. Like most NT's, the ENTj's knowledge is acquired in a very systematic way. The ENTj does not trust common sense. He likes to look behind preconceived ideas. He does not care about consensus or other people opinions. He wants to examine the facts by himself, with a fresh new look. The difference with other NT's is that once the ENTj has found something new, he wants to shout it to the rest of the people in the world and convince them that they were wrong. This makes the ENTj look like a Galileo trying to tell people that the earth is round. Few people like to have their beliefs challenged this way and so the ENTj can sometimes appear as pretentious. Fortunately, this attitude is also what makes him a potential leader.

    The ENTj works very fast. He loves to be able to efficiently execute tasks. He likes to plan his work in advance so he can think about the best possible course of action. However, he doesn't necessarily have to plan systematically. He is also very good at improvising on the fly thanks to his pragmatic nature. Sometimes he develops workaholic tendencies because he gets such a rush out of pulling things off.

    The ENTj is very decisive. It takes him only a couple of seconds to decide things when other types would take hours. For example, he knows exactly what he wants on a restaurant menu immediately after reading it. He doesn't like to waver around. He can be pretty impatient with people who are slow to make their mind up. Sometimes the ENTj can be tempted to choose for them because he can't stand waiting.

    The ENTj can talk alot about subjects in which he is interested in, but remain very silent in any topic he finds slightly boring (which includes most topics in small talk). When he's into something, he can get very passionate and start gesticulating energetically. He may speak 'with his hands' alot. He loves to give advice to others in domains where he is competent. He is very good at explaining things to people. The ENTj breaks things down in easy to understand steps, and makes sure people succesfully comprehend each before moving to the next.

    The ENTj may appear quite blunt and direct because he has no patience with superficialities. He likes to get straight to the point. This isn't intended to be mean. It's just a way for him to save time and 'move on' more quickly. He is not afraid of speaking the truth about things openly. He is a very straightforward person. What you see is what you get. The ENTj tells people in front what he thinks of them. He is not the type to gossip endlessly in the back of others. He prefers to act upon a situation and speak up to the person in an effort to change things.

    The ENTj can get very angry. He hates to get walked upon. Respect is extremely important in a relationship for an ENTj. He cannot tolerate a lack of respect from others. He also hates injustice. The ENTj likes to stand up for what he believes and defend people who he considers as weaker than him. He is also not easily intimidated by people in authority. The ENTj can sometimes have a 'Hero' complex and be convinced that he must be strong in order to be able to save others in the world. This can make him fight forcefully against something or someone even when all odds seem at end.

    It has been wrongly assumed that the ENTj is necessarily a controlling and bossy individual. In reality, he doesn't really care about bossing people around for it's own sake. What he's interested in is getting things done in the most efficient way. The ENTj can appear very relaxed and cool around people who accomplish what needs to be done naturally. The ENTj may appear very commanding when he feels as though there is too much chaos. Considering he is also impatient and decisive, he can come off pretty strong to others when things don't go 'the Right way'. However, an ENTj, contrary to alot of types, will not seek positions of power for power, but simply because he wants to have the freedom of implementing the best possible decisions. He fundamentally loves independance. It enables him to realize his visions and make his dreams come true. For this reason, he has a strong entrepreneurial spirit. He wishes his independance from societal constraints and being able to do things according to his ideas.

    The ENTj isn't necessarily the person that people will psychologically elect as the leader of a group. It really depends on the situation. Since, being an NT (Rational), he is rather oblivious to social rituals, he will rarely be the 'coolest' or most popular person around. That title is best left to the ESFP or even the ESTP. However, in most situations requiring a specific competence that the ENTj has, his enthusiasm and drive will naturally propel him to leadership. He excels in positions of responsibility due to his ability to explain things to others, be decisive and be efficient.

    The ENTj doesn't necessarily make conflict personal. For him, conflict is necessary for progress. He has a tendency to get into heated debates and arguments. The ENTj is invigorated and thrilled by these. He rarely has hostile feelings against people, though. The ENTj is neutral towards most people. He has no desire to hurt others. The ENTj will rarely be envious or jealous of others. He respects people who achieve. He is not the type to backstab or secretly plot for his advancement. This is in starking contrast to his outside appearance. Indeed, he came come off as intimidating sometimes and willing to dominate others (usually when he fears he's going to get controlled). However, the bark is alot worse than the bite. The ENTj usually gets things over and done with. He doesn't obsess about other people. This is also very different from most people who can develop hostile feelings towards others that stay rooted. The ENTj is not passive-aggressive. He confronts people when something is wrong, and then often doesn't hold a grudge. An ENTj rarely 'attacks' people. He considers this a lack of respect. However, do not even try to undermine him because he is very good at quickly counter-attacking. An ENTj is only preoccupied about people who are a potential danger to him. His strategic thinking can then very well be employed in order to control others if ever he feels he is in threat.

    Don't ever take a debate personally with an ENTj. Don't get hurt by his logic and then try to hurt him in return (when he wasn't intending to do any harm in the first place). Don't try to control, manipulate or dupe him. Because once he finds out, he will try to get even with you by all means.

    The ENTj has playful side. Just hook up with him at a party. You'll quickly see that he loves to make jokes and play around. He'll be the first to make a fool of himself. The ENTj also likes to play the 'stand up comedian'. He can make himself look a lot more stupid than he really is, just to amuse people. Sometimes this gets him in trouble because he behaves in inappropriate ways just to be funny. As an example, he has a habit of making humor with a double meaning (often geared towards sex), which, coupled with his disdain for social conventions, often makes him appear as a lot ruder than he really is. The ENTj isn't always aware of how he comes off to others, so excuse him if he seems a little crude sometimes.

    The ENTj is, deep inside, a romantic (although he will forcefully deny this). He believes in love in a nearly childish way: pure and idealistic. He rarely lets people know about it, but he is rather a sensitive person inside. When he falls in love with someone it can take incredible proportions. He can idealize the other person and put them on a pedestal. The ENTj hides this softness behind a big psychological fortress that makes him look tougher than he really is. Take the time to get to know an ENTj. Once you're in his close circle, you're in for life.

    One last thing... You can ask the advice of an ENTj for anything, except one thing: aesthetics. He is not very good at judging if several colors match together or not. Don't worry if you see him wearing a bright orange t-shirt or red trousers. He's not trying to get attention; he's probably assessing the viability of a combination of colors by empirically testing people's reactions to it.


    ENTj by Function

    Te: The first function of the ENTj is Te, by which objective logic substantiates itself through various thought processes. With this function, it is possible to collect multiple thoughts, modes and trends of thinking in order to register them into a structured and growing databank of strong, factual knowledge. Te also maintains an active neutral stance on all of the whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals. Probably the most powerful aspect of Te is the power to not only stay well informed of new ideas, trends, and changing modes of thinking that may be utterly critical to survival in competitive atmospheres, but the ability to convince through logical implementations objectively designed to reorganize and even direct the thinking of others into certain modes of logical reasoning. Being an extroverted function, Te cannot derive data from within and must amass information from outside of itself and in the here and now to survive as a function or at all.

    Ti: The seventh function of the this type is Ti. Strong and lacking, it remains to the ENTj something to be loathed. Though some use may come from this function in the analysis of thought, structure, and logic, this function remains the vehicle by which the old becomes abandoned and the new comes about. For the ENTj, Ti truly represents all that inferiority is and the uselessness of false potential, and so long as new ways of thinking emerge and there remains something to be considered, out with the old and in with the new! Loyalty to a strong qualified stream of thought will never interest an ENTj!

    Ni: The second function of the ENTj is Ni, by which the essence of ideas arrive and insights into their development arise. With this function, it is possible index from within ones self an active belief system developed and derived through time, experience, knowledge, and the patterns of ones own personal life as entered through what could be considered a living journal. Every day and every hour and every minute of a person’s life is catalogued within this journal for future considerations and also for review of past successes and mistakes in order to make stunning predictions into the development of various concepts. Being an introverted function, Ni has an active ability to self-sustain itself and moves actively between an abstract theoretical world located in the future and past in order to sustain itself as an active function.

    Ni: The eigth function of the this type is Ni. Strong and lacking, it remains to the ENTj something to be loathed. Though some use may come from this function in the tracking of time, patterns, and simple predictions, this function remains the vehicle by which the old becomes abandoned and the new comes about. For the ENTj, Ni truly represents all that inferiority is and the uselessness of false potential, and so long as new beliefs emerge and there remains something to be considered, out with the old and in with the new! Loyalty to a strong qualified belief system will never interest an ENTj!

    Fe: The third function of the ENTj is Fe, by which subjective feeling substantiates itself through various ethical processes. Since the ENTj type thrives in a world of logical and non-ethical and objective principles, it may be rendered difficult for this type to collect and comprehend the multiple feelings, modes and trends of the emotions of others and to react to those emotions. In result of this inability, expected behaviors should include a lack of politeness and consideration towards others, rude behaviors with bad manners or extremly well mannered, lack of enthusiasm and interest in whatever others may find emotionally satisfying, lack of emotional control with sudden unexpected outburst or totally devoid of emotion, appearing emotionally distant to others or unintentionally discouraging the emotional approaches of others.

    Fi: The fifth function of the ENTj is Fi, by which subjective feeling substantiates itself through various ethical processes. Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Fe function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include imagining or demonstrating an inability to tell if others are with or against him or her, obsessive tendencies towards paranoia and possible attempt at domination in result of that paranoia, problems discerning the diffrence between good and bad and may even accidently and unintentionally distort the line between the two, prone to lack of effection until certain of seeing a return, and attempts to win the love of others in ways that seem contradictory or abusive, and lack of emotional connectivity to others.

    Si: The fourth function of the ENTj is Si, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise. Since the ENTj type thrives in a world of abstract and non-concrete theoretical principles, it may be rendered difficult for this type to maintain from within an active index of all experiences developed and derived through time, and the patterns of ones own personal life as gauged through the senses. In result of this inability, expected behaviors should include losing track of ones own physical state and a deterioration of healthy physical practices, avoiding surrounding details or noticing too much detail and obsessing about it, suspicion or defensiveness about personal appearance, distant physical look in eyes and appearing to others as though unaware, walking or looking past people, objects, and things as though they were not there, static taste and inflexible habits, unsure of aesthetic understanding, or an obsession with cleanliness.

    Se: The sixth function of the ENTj is Se, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise.Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Si function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include demonstrating a tendency to exagerrate the effects of current experiences to seem better or worse than in reality, tending to accept the outcomes of negitive experiences or to tolerate bad reoccuring situations, ignorantly leaving good or bad experiences for bad or worse ones, tendency towards manipulating statistics into a favorable direction, and prone to biased onesidedness.

    Because of the structureof various function, it is not uncommon for a person to be confused or undecided between various types and even between the usage of various functions. The following is a functional description of various types that an actual ENTj may become confused or undecided between.


    ISTj - An ENTj may find him or her self activelly undecided between the ISTj type and his or her native ENTj type. Because the sixth function of the ENTj is Se, it is not uncommon for one to confuse the second creative function (Ni) for that function. When this occurs, an ENTj may have problems deciding between those sensory and intuitive functions. In even more complex situations, an ENTj may demonstrate what appears to be a false lack of Ne, which corresponds to the fourth weakest function of the ISTj. In this instances, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use Te or Ti. If you use Te more than you use Ti, you are an ENTj. If you use Ti more than you use Te, you could really be an ISTj.

    ESTp - An ENTj may confuse him or her self for a ESTp for the same reason that one would confuse his or her self for an ISTj. If you use Te more than you use Ti, you are probably an ENTj. If you use Ti more than you use Te, you could really be an ESTp.

    ESTj - An ENTj usually becomes confused between this type and his or her native ENTj when he or she has decided upon being an extrovert, determined self as a judging type, and has been having some influence from the sixth function, while not really being sure if that function is introverted or extroverted. In this senerio, instead of a ENTj confusing his or her self for an ISTj the extroverted or introverted type has been substituted. In this instance, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use more Se or Si. If you use Se more than you use Si, you are probably an ENTj. If you use Si more than you use Se, you could really be an ESTj.

    INTj - Because of the influence of MBTI, some new to socionic's theory may ignorantly think that the correct way to switch between introverted and extroverted types is to simply switch an E to an I or an I to an E. This is not the correct way to switch back and forth between the two in socionics. If you are an INTj in MBTI with an emphasis on expressing Te and Ni, your actual socionics type is either an ENTj if you choose to stay a judging type or INTp if you find that you might want to consider being a socionic's perceiving type. On the otherhand, if the above ENTj description does not relate to you and you functionally express Ti and Ne, INTj is still an option, though be warned that socionics does not totally follow the same logic as MBTI does when determining J and P nor do the same stereotypical rules apply when attempting to determine introversion and extroversion. If you are familiar with MBTI, the possibility of having to type yourself totally diffrent than MBTI should be a definite expectation.
    Dear Sigmund, Aßbiscuits, Grey and 19 others thanked this post.



  2. #2

    It has Ni listed twice when describing the functions. The second Ni is supposed to be Ne.
    Aßbiscuits, Grey and CaféZeitgeist thanked this post.

  3. #3

    This really is the best description I've read.

    If it's accurate then it's the best description I can relate to. Scary actually.

    I just wish this London man would learn how to spell alot. Seriously. Why?
    DistilledMacrocosm thanked this post.

  4. #4

    Fe being the third function? Maybe you confused ENTP with ENTJ or I have some magical way to be in touch with my feelings other then beeing stressed out/depressed, which I hardly see ever towards the outside world.
    It would be very nice, but it is NOT the 3rd one for sure. Se that is the one.

    So kids don't be to optimistic about having some touchy-feely ENTJ running wild.
    ENTJam thanked this post.

  5. #5

    Nice explaination and overview-- thank you so much! Question on the FE though, is that a typo?
    Last edited by thegrtoz; 02-27-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Additional thought

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrtoz View Post
    Nice explaination and overview-- thank you so much! Question on the FE though, is that a typo?
    No.

    Socionics uses Te-Ni-Fe-Si to explain the ENTj (or LIE).
    MBTI uses Te-Ni-Se-Fi to explain the ENTJ.

    Neither of them are the same type. They just use the similar classification of ENTJ/ENTj.

    Therefore, as the article states "though be warned that socionics does not totally follow the same logic as MBTI does when determining J and P nor do the same stereotypical rules apply when attempting to determine introversion and extroversion. If you are familiar with MBTI, the possibility of having to type yourself totally diffrent than MBTI should be a definite expectation."

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    No.

    Socionics uses Te-Ni-Fe-Si to explain the ENTj (or LIE).
    MBTI uses Te-Ni-Se-Fi to explain the ENTJ.
    ...
    Yes it's a typo. Socionics ENTj does not have Fe. That should read as "Se".

    ENTj profiles
    ENTj/LIE pictures

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by cyamitide View Post
    Yes it's a typo. Socionics ENTj does not have Fe. That should read as "Se".
    You're wrong... Socionics ENTj DOES have Fe in it's 3rd position. You're confusing Socionics and MBTI.
    Socionics uses Te-Ni-Fe-Si to explain the ENTj (or LIE).
    MBTI uses Te-Ni-Se-Fi to explain the ENTJ.


    It's even in the link you provided:

    Summary of Functions:

    1. Te (Extroverted Thinking) – One of the most dynamic psycho-types. Works willingly with an excellent realization in regards to each activity. Prefers “large-scale” work. Knows how to systematize, to create an effective working system, in which all the components will be taken into consideration.
    2. Ni (Introverted Intuition) – Is capable of envisioning the long-term forecast. In him is combined practicality with romanticism. Inventor and innovator, the lover of drawings. Is oriented towards the distant prospect, ably selects the best options for the future and rarely makes mistakes in this.
    3. Fe (Extroverted Feeling) – Is poorly orientated in the emotional realm and in “society intrigues”, so prefers a familiar, friendly, democratic style of behaviour. He respects the norms of morals, traditions, wishes that they provide him with cues on how to properly react to others.
    4. Si (Introverted Sensing)– Finds it difficult to create comfort in his private life, to be orientated in his health, he prefers a healthy mode of living, and in clothing – a sport style. Lover of expeditions, overcoming of obstacles, different types of journeys. He is not inclined to force his way by direct pressure, instead will invent something new so as to create the bridge that puts him ahead of his rivals.


    "
    1. Extraverted Logic
    LIEs naturally accumulate knowledge as per factual information from books and other second-hand sources in matters they find useful, either because it's their professional field, or something they find interesting and of potential use in the future. In order to function at optimal level, they feel the need to know how their external environment works, in order to make sense of it and control it, or be one step ahead of it. That means, for instance, a need to have at least a basic general understanding of the broader workings of any structure they are in (as a country, company, or organization) rather than just carry out whatever specific task they have been assigned. That gives LIEs a basic confidence on being well-informed in the subjects they decided to be informed about. That, coupled with an inclination to correct any errors in their environment (so that it makes sense and is efficient), leads to a behavior that can be described as "know-it-all", that is, voicing their knowledge and correcting erroneous remarks made by others, often seen as arrogance on the part of LIEs.
    LIEs evaluate external reality - work activities, world events, finances, procedures, personal relationships, conversations - from the point of view of factual accuracy and "making sense" and efficiency. It leads to an inclination to be proactive in increasing the efficiency and reasonableness of the external world, as well as a sense of self-worth connected to being involved and productive in activities seen as useful, profitable, or that increase one's knowledge base. To give out information that they know not to be factually accurate is disturbing to LIEs and avoided as much as possible. The LIE's ideal world of communication is one of blatant factual truth, no compromise made for goals to be achieved or for possible hurt feelings.
    To say "no, that's not correct" or "that's not true" to correct others' statements, volunteering knowledge in order to correct them; and saying "this way of doing things is inefficient, let's improve it"; generally offering information that can be applied to productive purposes - these are marks of the LIE's drives. Not to be able to act on them has a negative effect on their sense of usefulness and self-worth.
    LIEs's preferred mode of action - when they feel at their best - is when able to be very active, and proactive, in ways they find to be useful, productive, logical, and profitable in the longer term. Conversely, periods where they are not sure of the actions to take tend to lead them into paralysis and depression.

    2. Introverted Intuition
    Whenever occupied with a task, LIEs are already thinking ahead. Their attention tends to be less focused on their immediate surroundings and the specific details of an activity, than on their longer-term implications, consequences, and usefulness. More present-focused people may see that as laziness: they are not really dedicated to doing something immediately because they are already realizing that it may be pointless in the longer term, so why even do it. They very easily focus their minds in following sequential cause-and-effect scenarios and on their personal senses of vision, but always in the service of actions towards achieving their goals, specifically as to the optimal timing for taking specific actions. The other side of the coin is an inclination to think too much of the consequences and of timing of decisions, rather than actually act on them, although to a lesser extent than in the case of dominants. Similarly, LIEs are concerned with covering all possible long-term outcomes, and will often make a suggestion to do something "just in case". This sometimes leads them to do what is useful only theoretically, and not actually.
    Super-Ego Block

    With blocked with in the super-ego, LIEs tend to give low priority to immediate physical comfort and emotional well-being; a "cozy atmosphere" or making an effort to make themselves or their environment "look nice" are not spontaneous priorities for LIEs.

    3. Extraverted Ethics
    LIEs make an effort to adapt to the prevailing emotional atmosphere, especially in group situations, and try to promote a positive emotional environment, as in making positive or witty remarks, in the presence of individuals they are already somewhat acquainted with and appreciate; or in purely professional meetings or short-lived social encounters, they are aware of the need to put up a friendly and polite facade. Such efforts, however, are normally low-key and of short duration; it is difficult for them to display emotions more complex or intense with any enthusiasm. They are essentially unable to participate in a group atmosphere where intense emotional expression, as in loud laughing and mutual jokes, are prevailing, for any extended period of time. LIEs make an effort to be aware of the need not to disrupt the prevailing emotional atmosphere, but they do not succeed for any length of time if that would clash with their inner emotional state and private feelings about the other persons present. A typical example is the person who, in a group of people exchanging pleasantries and casual conversation, will occasionally correct erroneous statements made by others, in a way that can be perceived as annoying, despite otherwise making an effort to abide by the prevailing emotional atmosphere.
    LIEs are aware of the need for polite conversation and small talk; however, they inevitably, usually without noticing, end up turning the "small talk" into an exchange of information on serious topics. LIEs have extreme difficulty with the concept of conversation just for the sake of conversation where the factual accuracy of statements exchanged is of lesser importance. A casual remark made by someone else, with the sole purpose of keeping conversation going, may be met by a counter-argument by the LIE, which the person may regard as a sign of emotional hostility, when the sole purpose of the LIE was to comment on that specific remark. LIEs usually must exercise self-discipline to avoid this kind of misunderstandings.

    4. Introverted Sensing
    LIEs have the view that aspects are of less importance than others for achieving their goals. They put a low priority on the physical, short-distance, here-and-now in relation to longer-distance and longer-term considerations. A typical manifestation is a lack of concern for small aesthetic details, since a greater focus is given on the opinion that, in the longer term, taking care of them is a never-ending exercise. This is also manifested in a relative lack of awareness of the immediate surroundings, as in noticing where objects may be if they don't have to deal with them particularly, and of their own physical sensations.
    LIEs can accept that, for professional or social goals, they may have to take great care of aesthetic details in their immediate environment; but that will always be seen as a concession to others or to convention; they will never evaluate others in that regard and will tend to look down on those who are spontaneously very concerned about such matters.
    This also leads to an inclination for postponing daily personal chores, which tend to accumulate and haunt the LIE later.
    Super-Id Block"
    Logical Intuitive Extratim - Wikisocion

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    You're wrong... Socionics ENTj DOES have Fe in it's 3rd position. You're confusing Socionics and MBTI.
    Socionics uses Te-Ni-Fe-Si to explain the ENTj (or LIE).
    MBTI uses Te-Ni-Se-Fi to explain the ENTJ.

    It's even in the link you provided:

    Summary of Functions:
    ...
    Logical Intuitive Extratim - Wikisocion
    If you have read any deeper, you would have seen that those are designated as UNVALUED functions located in UNVALUED functional block.

    Descriptions of ENTj's functions from Wikisocion profile (Logical Intuitive Extratim - Wikisocion)


    Super-ego block that contains Fe and Si is UNVALUED block. In MBTI this corresponds to shadow functions. Here is description of Super-Ego block: (http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions)
    " ... The second row of Model A (functions 3 and 4) is called the Super-Ego block. The individual's free and spontaneous use of the Ego block functions implies limitations on the use of these functions, which are a kind of rejected alternative to the Ego block."

    Fe & Si are in super-ego block, thus they are REJECTED functions.

    The VALUED blocks are Ego and Super-Id which contain ENTj's valued functions of Te & Ni, Se & Fi. (ENTj type itself belongs to Gamma Quadra which values Te, Ni, Se, and Fi). It all matches with MBTI's ENTJ.

    Please study Socionics more carefully before trying to argue it.

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by cyamitide View Post
    If you have read any deeper, you would have seen that those are designated as UNVALUED functions located in UNVALUED functional block.
    Stop trying to correlate the logic between MBTI and Socionics. Gamma-SFs value Se & Fi and Gamma-NT's value Te & Ni. AS A GROUP they value: Se, Fi, Te, Ni.

    1
    Leading function
    strong
    mental
    accepting
    2
    Creative function

    strong
    mental
    producing
    4
    Vulnerable function

    weak
    mental
    producing
    3
    Role function
    weak
    mental
    accepting

    This is as stupid as when you said "that the the functions are the same, so this is irrelevant" when you argued over MBTI and Socionics being the same or not with someone else. It's even more pathetic that you're using unvalued as a synonym of unused. Clearly, that is not true in Model A. You have strong and weak... not valued and unvalued. Stick to the appropriate terms.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 09:16 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 03:03 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 01:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe