I've got plans to write a novel from the perspective of a serial killer. Yes, I know it sounds weird, hush. I want to do it from first person perspective, and I think it would be smart to type my killer in order to assess what decisions he/she might make in a given situation. I know you're all going to tell me that it depends on (insert a bunch of random junk) so here's some details that I think might help:
- History of harming animals. Not something specifically sought out, but done in vengeance and curiosity.
- Above average intelligence, but works the average joe job.
- Meticulous in home environment, but purposely disorganized in public
- Adulation of women, hatred of women
- Shy, quiet, mild-mannered in public situations
- Confident to the point of arrogance in private, and in self estimation
That's all that I can currently think of, but I should be able to answer any questions anyone has about the character. I have the character pretty well mapped out in my head.
I'm not up to date on my personality types really, which is why I'm asking. I'd like opinions from people who've spent a lot of time researching and looking into this type of thing. What personality would you assign a person like this, and why? What aspects of the personality are the most important?