This is a discussion on You know you're ISTJ when... within the ISTJ Forum - The Duty Fulfillers forums, part of the SJ's Temperament Forum- The Overseers category; Originally Posted by gbboone When you have sex with your sister in law, because your brother won't do it. I ...
...when your professor says, "We'll have flexible due dates in this class." and your gut reaction is to either shout, "Noooooo!" or throw the Syllabus away.
in middle school you really l liked flannel shirts but you TUCKED THEM IN because your parents told you to not be a slob and you listened. so much for grunge.
In some cases (Very long ago, prior to the middle ages in some places) it was assumed that you would marry your sister-in-law if your brother died. And even as recently as Deceased Wife's Sister's Marriage Act 1907 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it is seen in a different light.
Of course in this case it might not be the same, but it's perfectly logical to extrapolate that an ISTJ would find it logical in a society that would support it. Also, the judgement of him being an asshole is also subjective in that is he really an asshole if both the sister-in-law and brother consent and approve?
(I will say, however, that the way the original post was written... felt a little troll-like to me)
Now I am starting to feel like @niss to some degree:
After deciding to ditch my smartphone (WAY TOO EXPENSIVE every month when I could just get a dumb phone for $21 and some change every three months and use the wi-fi here at home that I already have and the wi-fi at work, etc.) I realized that my smartphone is actually BETTER for a few applications. Namely, the camera.
Soooo-o-o-o, since no one has taken me up on my offer to take it off my hands for a reasonable price (it is in immaculate condition with all of the original stuff that came in the box AND INCLUDING the box) I decided to bring it out of retirement for the following applications, most of which will only work on wi-fi since the number associated with that phone has been canceled:
- Wallpaper (I have a VERY specific wallpaper that I prefer to use on everything.)
- Basic weather app (My friend from Canada arrives on Sunday and will be here for a week. Therefore, I need to know whether it's going to rain, if the humidity is going to skyrocket, etc. I could look it up on my tablet [and probably will if we're in a restaurant, etc.], but if we're walking it's easier to pull out something smaller.)
- Google search (see above ...)
- You Tube (... just because ... /shrug/)
- Facebook (... to post updates of our travels across the state if wi-fi is available ...)
- Camera (The tablet ONLY has a front-facing camera. Good for taking pictures of one's self and/or video chat, but not so great for taking video or pictures of someone else, especially impromptu ones.)
- Gallery (For storing of said pictures/videos.)
- Navigation (... for our travels)
- Maps (See above.)
- Places (See above.)
IOW, I'll have a minimum of THREE electronic devices on me at all times:
- Dumb phone
- Smart phone with limited applications/connectivity
When every other MBTI type describes you as 'boring'