Description of ISTJs
ISTJs are known as the "Examiners" or "Inspectors" of the 16 types.
They have a keen sense for right and wrong and they have a strong ability to handle details.
They may appear cold and uncaring because of their ability for logic and objectivity.
They are decisive and practical when it comes to managing people.
You will find them in areas where stability and dependability are more important than creativity.
Extremely loyal and dependable, they place a high value on honesty and integrity.
They are the good citizens who put duty before pleasure.
They won't allow themselves to relax until they have finished the work planned for that day.
Well organized they strongly believe in being on time and not being late.
Introverted, realistic, down to earth, logical, disciplined and organized.
ISTJs prefer careers where:
- Management provides specific and realistic directions
- There are several opportunities to demonstrate competence
- The culture appreciates fair but tough decision making
- The work offers plenty of opportunities to make decisions
- You are able to maintain control over your projects
- You can apply your natural ability to focus and concentrate, rather than multitasking
- The environment, culture and pace allow you to consider things fully before having to respond
- The work allows you to work at a careful steady pace
- The work allows you adequate private time to work alone and to concentrate
- The work is realistic, down to earth, and practical, rather than abstract and theoretical
- The work allows you to utilize your strong memory to recall details, facts, and people
- The work is focused on the Now not the Future, on what is rather than what could be
- The work allows you to utilize your natural ability to analyze and make objective, logical decisions
- The work allows you to utilize your natural ability to provide others with direction and supervision
- The environment is more structured and disciplined, being on time and following procedure is considered important