[INTP] What types are your friends/relationships?

What types are your friends/relationships?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thank Tree11Thanks

This is a discussion on What types are your friends/relationships? within the INTP Forum - The Thinkers forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Greetings, fellow INTPs. So I've been thinking lately about what types I get along with the most, am interested by, ...

  1. #1

    What types are your friends/relationships?

    Greetings, fellow INTPs. So I've been thinking lately about what types I get along with the most, am interested by, or just happen to have connections to. It fascinates me to think about my connections. Here's a small list of my closest relationships:

    Best Buddy From College: ENTP. Started out having a few awkward exchanges whenever he'd spout a witty/sudden observation, catching me a bit off-guard when I would be way into my own thoughts. Nowadays we have a very chill and open friendship. We enjoy zany banter and talking about different subjects.

    Childhood Friend/Romantic Interest: INFP. Although a bit distant these days, we still have amazing conversations about life and the world in general. She has very high standards for morality/ideals and I've learned to appreciate that. Would love to be in a relationship with her.

    Another College Friend: ENFP. I always open up and become more "extroverted" when she's around. We can talk and talk about anything as long as she starts the conversation. We especially love joking. I do get put on the spot by some of her nosier questions, though.

    How about you guys? What are some of your favorite relationships and how do you interact? :)
    Last edited by Matt97; 04-21-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    SpookySprite thanked this post.



  2. #2
    INTP

    My close circle of best girlfriends is comprised of an ESFP, INFP, ISTJ and ISFJ. I'm not sure how they put up with me before I got in touch with my Fe. I always tried to solve their problems and dramas in the most rational way so we could do away with all the unneccessary back-and-forwards and emotions, and was a bit perturbed when I found that wasn't what they wanted? Also, they always characterised me as masculine because of my odd choices (masculine Strongbow Gold cider instead of girly Jillz - oh my) and independent behaviours (going to a different foodcart to get my food?? i mean). They put up with my weird habits (never inviting them over, sometimes not replying for days or weeks, going off on my own, not necessarily being mindful of their feelings) and appreciated me for my energy and my ideas and uhh.. I don't know, really. (Actually, they once said that they appreciate how rational I am and how I don't get sidetracked by emotions, seeming strong like some She-Hulk). Long story short, we've all been through a lot together and I'm a simple person when it comes to friendships. If you're my friend, I will have your back. So I will catsit for my ISTJ, text my INFP what to say to her douchebag FBW guy to grind him into the pulp that he deserves to be, and send papers to my ESFP so she can catch the fuck up on the career she rolled into that I happen to know a few things on. The ISFJ has fallen out of our sight since she has met A Guy and is now 200% tunnelvision into her homemaking with him, but I plan to ambush her happy home somewhere in the coming months so she won't get out of inviting us all for the wedding. What I love about these girls is that we don't judge eachother, know eachothers faults and quirks well enough to forgive them, and we're all just a hardworking, conscientious bunch who are all mellow and laid-back, yet always looking out for each other and willing to help.

    Three girlfriends I've made recently and get along well with are an ISTP, INFJ and another INTP, but since I'm slow to open up we're not as close yet and mostly collaborate over projects and common interests. With them, since we overlap so significantly in certain ways, we can go into overdrive where we think we've talked for 2 hours and it's been more like 5 or 6. Talks with the ISTP are the weirdest, most personal, because nothing is off-limits or taboo, INFJ is associative all over the place but always touching back on society, principles, or aesthetic, and INTP talk is highly critical and argumentative, with lots of random knowledge and recent papers read thrown in.

    I have one good guyfriend who's the most INTJ of INTJ's, complete with the martyr complex. We share the same sense of humor and mostly yap at each other how everything is horrible forever. He occasionally tried to get me into dumbshaming internet dumbasses with him and I occasionally try to get him to look on the bright side of life. We both fail.

    In a generalized manner, I seem to attract the interest of xNFP's, am myself interested in xSTP's, and have a mutual interest with xNFJ's.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    My close circle of best girlfriends is comprised of an ESFP, INFP, ISTJ and ISFJ. I'm not sure how they put up with me before I got in touch with my Fe. I always tried to solve their problems and dramas in the most rational way so we could do away with all the unneccessary back-and-forwards and emotions, and was a bit perturbed when I found that wasn't what they wanted? Also, they always characterised me as masculine because of my odd choices (masculine Strongbow Gold cider instead of girly Jillz - oh my) and independent behaviours (going to a different foodcart to get my food?? i mean). They put up with my weird habits (never inviting them over, sometimes not replying for days or weeks, going off on my own, not necessarily being mindful of their feelings) and appreciated me for my energy and my ideas and uhh.. I don't know, really. (Actually, they once said that they appreciate how rational I am and how I don't get sidetracked by emotions, seeming strong like some She-Hulk). Long story short, we've all been through a lot together and I'm a simple person when it comes to friendships. If you're my friend, I will have your back. So I will catsit for my ISTJ, text my INFP what to say to her douchebag FBW guy to grind him into the pulp that he deserves to be, and send papers to my ESFP so she can catch the fuck up on the career she rolled into that I happen to know a few things on. The ISFJ has fallen out of our sight since she has met A Guy and is now 200% tunnelvision into her homemaking with him, but I plan to ambush her happy home somewhere in the coming months so she won't get out of inviting us all for the wedding. What I love about these girls is that we don't judge eachother, know eachothers faults and quirks well enough to forgive them, and we're all just a hardworking, conscientious bunch who are all mellow and laid-back, yet always looking out for each other and willing to help.

    Three girlfriends I've made recently and get along well with are an ISTP, INFJ and another INTP, but since I'm slow to open up we're not as close yet and mostly collaborate over projects and common interests. With them, since we overlap so significantly in certain ways, we can go into overdrive where we think we've talked for 2 hours and it's been more like 5 or 6. Talks with the ISTP are the weirdest, most personal, because nothing is off-limits or taboo, INFJ is associative all over the place but always touching back on society, principles, or aesthetic, and INTP talk is highly critical and argumentative, with lots of random knowledge and recent papers read thrown in.

    I have one good guyfriend who's the most INTJ of INTJ's, complete with the martyr complex. We share the same sense of humor and mostly yap at each other how everything is horrible forever. He occasionally tried to get me into dumbshaming internet dumbasses with him and I occasionally try to get him to look on the bright side of life. We both fail.

    In a generalized manner, I seem to attract the interest of xNFP's, am myself interested in xSTP's, and have a mutual interest with xNFJ's.
    Thanks for the detailed and interesting reply! You sound like a great friend. Guess loyalty to friends is an INTP trait. I also can't stand emotional games and such. Honesty is a big thing. I'm interested how you seem to get along with a lot of sensing types. I struggle with it myself. I know at least one of every personality type, and sensors make up a big part of my family. Many of them don't understand me besides my mom (ISFJ) and my aunt (ISTP) whom I get along really well with. I can't stand ESTPs mostly due to their impulsive and selfish nature (at least the one I know). As a side note, I seem to attract underdogs and those with special minds. Another friend I didn't mention is INTJ as well, and he has Asperger's. Nerdy converstations continue well into the night and he can be very critical. I also recently met an INTP female and we are very similar. Good to see those exist!

  4. #4

    My brother from another mother, friends since birth, our fathers were best friends (we would literally kill and die for eachother): INTJ

    My loving girlfriend: ENTJ

    My asshole friend that is on my intellectual level, spend most of our time laughing at sheep: ENFJ/P

    One of my best friends that I never have a dull unfunny moment with (He is the most successful of my close friends): ESTJ

    My roommate from college who I never had one fight with, we are so chill together: ISTJ
    Matt97 and lookslikeiwin thanked this post.

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsJake View Post
    My brother from another mother, friends since birth, our fathers were best friends (we would literally kill and die for eachother): INTJ

    My loving girlfriend: ENTJ

    My asshole friend that is on my intellectual level, spend most of our time laughing at sheep: ENFJ/P

    One of my best friends that I never have a dull unfunny moment with (He is the most successful of my close friends): ESTJ

    My roommate from college who I never had one fight with, we are so chill together: ISTJ
    I've heard ENTJs are a great romantic match for INTPs. I've always been a bit skeptic though...

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt97 View Post
    I've heard ENTJs are a great romantic match for INTPs. I've always been a bit skeptic though...
    It is so unique compared to any relationship I have been in. Going on two years strong. We started out as friends with benefits
    Matt97 thanked this post.

  7. #7
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Let's see... naturally I get along pretty well with my brother who is an ENTP.

    I am married to an ENTJ.

    My best friend since childhood is an ENFJ. We belonged to a circle of friends who were: ISTJ, INFJ, ESTP, xSFJ, IxTP, ESTP or ESFJ (uncertain). I don't know the types of the other ones because they all kinda faded out. I wasn't ever good friends with the ESTP, but I did go to her wedding and all that so I guess she counts.

    My other current friends are probably ENFP (2), ESFP, INFJ, ISFP and ISFJ.

    In the past, I once had an INTP best friend (but she was crazy so it ended) and an INTJ best friend (but I moved and she didn't really stay in contact). I've also made a work best friend of an INTP, and I made a best friend in college for a while who was ISTP. And the only guy I ever bothered to date before my husband was an IxTP, though I almost dated an ESFJ. Glad that second one didn't work out. But I guess the ESFJ is also a friend now, and so is his sister, who is probably an INFJ.

    In high school I had a friend who was an ExTJ, I think. Probably ESTJ, but I'm really not sure. She always wanted to hang out with me, but I didn't know why. Other high school friends were xSTP and ESFJ. I don't remember being particularly good friends with anyone else.

    So for the count that's:
    ENTP (1-2)
    ENTJ (1-2, probably one)
    INTP (2-3, but didn't last long)
    INTJ (1)

    ESTP (1-2)
    ESTJ (1, maybe)
    ISTP (1-4, but didn't last long)
    ISTJ (1)

    ENFP (2)
    ENFJ (1)
    INFP (0)
    INFJ (3)

    ESFP (1)
    ESFJ (3-4)
    ISFP (1)
    ISFJ (1-2)

    I'm actually a little surprised that there are 0 INFPs. I tend to just make friends of anyone who's willing to put the effort into hanging out with me, which is probably the reason why the IxTP ones don't last long (neither of us make the effort). I am more likely to pursue friendships with NJs and SJs, and Fs make efforts to pursue relationships with me, usually, so I try to reciprocate if I like them enough.
    Matt97 thanked this post.

  8. #8
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt97 View Post
    I've heard ENTJs are a great romantic match for INTPs. I've always been a bit skeptic though...
    ENTJs are fantastic matches. It's been about six years since I started dating the one I'm married to now. Stuff gets done, everyone tends to agree or rationally reach a compromise, no one feels particularly neglected and on the off chance that they do, it's discussed rather than argued about, and there's always a plan to move forward. It's a wonderful combination. Plus, we are detailed and big picture thinkers in opposite, but complimenting ways.
    Matt97 and RestlessCryptid thanked this post.

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by lookslikeiwin View Post
    ENTJs are fantastic matches. It's been about six years since I started dating the one I'm married to now. Stuff gets done, everyone tends to agree or rationally reach a compromise, no one feels particularly neglected and on the off chance that they do, it's discussed rather than argued about, and there's always a plan to move forward. It's a wonderful combination. Plus, we are detailed and big picture thinkers in opposite, but complimenting ways.
    Interesting. I have yet to meet a female ENTJ... Sounds like I'll have to do some searching! lol
    lookslikeiwin thanked this post.

  10. #10

    So, since Lookslikeiwin gave a list of every type she knows, I'll give it a shot. lol This should be fun...

    ENTP (2)
    ENTJ (1)
    INTP (2)
    INTJ (2)

    ESTP (1)
    ESTJ (2-3)
    ISTP (3-5)
    ISTJ (5-6) I know, right? lol

    ENFP (3)
    ENFJ (1)
    INFP (1)
    INFJ (2-3)

    ESFP (2)
    ESFJ (1-2)
    ISFP (Maybe 2. They're a bit hard to pin down.)
    ISFJ (1)

    I know a LOT of sensing thinkers. lol
    lookslikeiwin thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 06:07 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ Relationships - Describe Your Past/Current Relationships With Other Types
    By Jaclyn in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-18-2015, 12:04 AM
  3. [ENFJ] Judging Types Having Relationships With Perceiving Types
    By OtisPB in forum ENFJ Forum - The Givers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 02:05 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
  5. [INFP] Friends and relationships
    By Rusalka in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 10:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0