[INTJ] Hitler Time Machine (Philosophical Scenario) - Page 5

Hitler Time Machine (Philosophical Scenario)

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67
Thank Tree72Thanks

This is a discussion on Hitler Time Machine (Philosophical Scenario) within the INTJ Forum - The Scientists forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by rosetea worth saving??...every life is worth saving. u can say it was population control cuz u werent ...

  1. #41
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by rosetea View Post
    worth saving??...every life is worth saving. u can say it was population control cuz u werent a part of it. what if you were one of those people who were killed ruthlessly just becuz they were born as a jew??...true everyone dies but nobody has to die in such a horrible manner. they didnt choose to be jews. not mess with history??...why not??...u may not be able to save everyone. but atleast 1 life saved makes a big difference. why lose the chance u've been given one?..time travel just to let it be the same??..wats the point???
    It's a good idea not to mess with history because, I say again, changing history would be gambling with the future. The Holocaust was a hard lesson learned, but if we didn't learn it when we did, we would have had to learn it eventually. The 40s was a better time to have such a horrible war because of the lack of technology and advancement. Can you imagine the horrible atrocities that could occur now if someone pulled the wool over everyone's eyes again?

    If every life is worth saving, does that not mean baby Hitler is worth sparing?

    The last part of your post also held no relevance. Killing Hitler simply so your time traveling 'had a point' would be, well, pointless.

  2. #42
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Not many how many babies are murdered there will always be sociopaths. Hitler's sociopathy wasn't innate but events contributed to his perspectives. He is an effect, rather than a cause.

    If there was no Hitler Germany could have been dominated by equally radical Marxists.
    KittyKraz13 thanked this post.

  3. #43
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKraz13 View Post
    It's a good idea not to mess with history because, I say again, changing history would be gambling with the future. The Holocaust was a hard lesson learned, but if we didn't learn it when we did, we would have had to learn it eventually. The 40s was a better time to have such a horrible war because of the lack of technology and advancement. Can you imagine the horrible atrocities that could occur now if someone pulled the wool over everyone's eyes again?

    If every life is worth saving, does that not mean baby Hitler is worth sparing?

    The last part of your post also held no relevance. Killing Hitler simply so your time traveling 'had a point' would be, well, pointless.
    i never said that i would kill hitler. i said that i would take him back to my time. u probably didnt read my previous posts. i did say i didnt want him killed. so what i said makes perfect sense.

  4. #44
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Humoriarty View Post
    I think I should point out, you can't be born a religion.
    yes my bad. but they were born in jewish family?...would that be a correct way to put it? all im saying is, they were killed becuz hitler somehow wanted to kill jews for his own reasons.

  5. #45
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Assuming my being there wouldn't alter history (it's classic uncertainty principle), then I'd simply take one look and go back to the present. I don't mess with history- we're playing a dangerous game.
    KittyKraz13 thanked this post.

  6. #46
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by rosetea View Post
    worth saving??...every life is worth saving. u can say it was population control cuz u werent a part of it. what if you were one of those people who were killed ruthlessly just becuz they were born as a jew??...true everyone dies but nobody has to die in such a horrible manner. they didnt choose to be jews. not mess with history??...why not??...u may not be able to save everyone. but atleast 1 life saved makes a big difference. why lose the chance u've been given one?..time travel just to let it be the same??..wats the point???
    Madam, on this matter I respectfully agree to disagree with you.
    rosetea thanked this post.

  7. #47
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by rosetea View Post
    i never said that i would kill hitler. i said that i would take him back to my time. u probably didnt read my previous posts. i did say i didnt want him killed. so what i said makes perfect sense.
    While the real situation wouldn't be as black and white as the proposed question, the hypothetical question is meant to be answered with 'yes, I would kill Hitler' or 'no, I would not kill Hitler.' These grey-area answers really don't answer the question.

  8. #48
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKraz13 View Post
    While the real situation wouldn't be as black and white as the proposed question, the hypothetical question is meant to be answered with 'yes, I would kill Hitler' or 'no, I would not kill Hitler.' These grey-area answers really don't answer the question.
    Technically you are killing the Hitler he would become without being taken out of his timeline. You would also have basically the same effect on the past. That is, not much at all. Or more accurately, not the effect everyone assumes it would have.

  9. #49
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by theorycraft View Post
    I couldn't possibly kill a baby even if it was baby Hitler. But that won't stop me from shaking the shit out of baby Hitler, causing him to grow up mentally retarded.
    So *that's* what happened to him! (Stable Time Loop...)
    Metaplanar and Xiong Mao thanked this post.

  10. #50
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Aw man, searching for old things on reddit never works out. I'm going to start bookmarking these things! Roar! I read once a wonderfully written little piece on something like "if hitler only invaded x country and didn't push too far" Blah. I can't find it now, will continue to look, but in the meantime...

    If hitler started the space race instead of WW2

    "There probably wouldn't be a "space race." The race happened because of the Cold War. If Pearl Harbor still happens, US still goes to war with Japan, but Australia is the our only significant ally. War ends 1944-45, (accounting for our forces being more focused, but with fewer allies and with no A-Bomb) but without rejuvenating the economy to anywhere near the extent that the war in Europe helped do.
    [here ends where I feel I am reasonably historically justified, and I am henceforth just fantasizing taking into account the knowledge I have]
    A-Bomb is never dropped, as it was partially done for political reasons to prevent Stalin from setting up what would become the iron curtain in Asia as well.
    UN never exists.
    Eisenhower and Kennedy (and by extension Johnson) are never president. As progressives probably would not have held onto power for much longer after FDR, such a strong political shift would not be felt necessary by voters, so probably not Reagan either.
    USSR is not decimated by WWII, so the Iron Curtain extends to the borders of Germany in Europe and to the Pacific in Asia. (assuming communists still win the civil war in China and still ally with Russia)
    Given the lack of pressure put on external powers before WWII, UK and France don't oppose USSR. They are still the predominant political and military powers in the Western World since WWII didn't happen, so there is no Cold War, and USSR partially collapses due to civil unrest around 2015 or 2020 in the western portion, but continues to exist in Europe & Russia.
    Israel doesn't exist, and anti-semitism continues to be an acceptable belief in many cultures, including the USA. As a side effect of that, the civil rights movement doesn't gain much steam outside the black community until the 1970s.
    Vietnam and Korea never happen, so no 1960s subculture becoming mainstream and no protest songs.
    Robert Zimmerman, a Jew from Minnesota, changes his name to Bob Dylan and after unsuccessfully pursuing a music career, decides he wants to be politically active and becomes a Senator, eventually Governor and wins the presidency in 1980 during an economic downturn. He runs on the campaign slogan "How does it feel?" (OK, yeah the last part is ridiculous, but the rest is plausible IMO.)
    tl;dr WWII was the defining force in the entire political and economical landscape for the second half of the 20th century. I'm nerding off, you can disregard this." -randommusician
    Baldur thanked this post.


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Do you have a way back time machine ? How do you deal with your SI ?
    By firelink in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM
  2. [INFP] If you had a time machine ...
    By Alyosha in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 04:19 PM
  3. [INFP] If you discovered a Time Machine...?
    By magical_steve in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
  4. Hot Tub Time Machine: Type this female character!
    By gaudy316 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 03:14 PM
  5. Don't you just wish you had a time machine?
    By Kevinaswell in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 06:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe