[INTJ] Motivation

Motivation

+ Reply to Thread
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
Thank Tree20Thanks

This is a discussion on Motivation within the INTJ Forum - The Scientists forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Some questions I've been wondering about, look at it as a small questionnaire if you will: >How is it that ...

  1. #1
    Unknown Personality

    Motivation

    Some questions I've been wondering about, look at it as a small questionnaire if you will:

    >How is it that INTJs get their motivation, other than the stereotypical need to apply all our ideas in the real world?

    >Are there some of you who feel quite un-motivated? How do you handle this?

    >Where do you get the drive to work and succeed? Any unique ways?

    >What would you suggest for people who are not able to motivate themselves?

    >What is it that results in lack of motivation in some and powerful motivation in others?

    >Are you consistently motivated or does it die down after a while? How do you refuel?

    >Can motivation be ultimately acquired only through self-help or through external sources?

    Feel free to put forth any of your own questions and opinions on this topic.



  2. #2
    INTJ - The Scientists


    I'm not sure if this is MBT related. I know that in the enneagram section that there seems to be more similarities....as a 9: no fucking motivation. Lazy and don't really give a toss. Then a flurry of activity so I can get back to being lazy.
    Amaterasu thanked this post.

  3. #3
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by bethdeth View Post
    I'm not sure if this is MBT related. I know that in the enneagram section that there seems to be more similarities....as a 9: no fucking motivation. Lazy and don't really give a toss. Then a flurry of activity so I can get back to being lazy.
    I was wondering whether INTJs on here match the description of them online which states that they get things done easily because of their need to apply their ideas and theories.
    Perhaps the mechanics behind it is an Enneagram thing, but this is merely a questionnaire to see if some of us aren't like the others...

  4. #4
    INTJ - The Scientists


    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    I was wondering whether INTJs on here match the description of them online which states that they get things done easily because of their need to apply their ideas and theories.
    Perhaps the mechanics behind it is an Enneagram thing, but this is merely a questionnaire to see if some of us aren't like the others...
    In that case I would agree that they match their ideas, the knowledge of the way things work and get to it. I know for myself being lazy as a chief motivator. I will think before I get out of bed what needs to be done in the quickest way with least effort. If I could I'd be moving my arm half an inch to do 3 things at once with that movement. You won't catch me exercising for fun....I need around 3 reasons first.....heh.
    Agni and Amaterasu thanked this post.

  5. #5
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by bethdeth View Post
    In that case I would agree that they match their ideas, the knowledge of the way things work and get to it. I know for myself being lazy as a chief motivator I will think before I get out of bed what needs to be done in the quickest way with least effort. If I could I'd be moving my arm half an inch to do 3 things at once with that movement. You won't catch me exercising for fun....I need around 3 reasons first.....heh.
    I think I can agree with that too! I always look for the easiest and most efficient way to do something do I can have extra time to waste.
    My motivation lasts for a very short while though; it deflates pretty soon and then I'm back to being lazy. I've not met many INTJs who do that...:P

  6. #6
    INTJ - The Scientists


    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    I think I can agree with that too! I always look for the easiest and most efficient way to do something do I can have extra time to waste.
    My motivation lasts for a very short while though; it deflates pretty soon and then I'm back to being lazy. I've not met many INTJs who do that...:P
    I think that 9s disintegrate to 6 and 3. It could be they are the similarities? Not sure. I tend to go between kick arse, lazy as fuckity fuck to just plodding. I would think that 6s disintegrate to 3 also when stressed. In which case they would get more done in a short amount of time. I know that's what I do.

    I just looked up and it goes by the same idea for 6s.

    6 - Enneagram Type Six: The Loyalist

  7. #7
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by bethdeth View Post
    I think that 9s disintegrate to 6 and 3. It could be they are the similarities? Not sure. I tend to go between kick arse, lazy as fuckity fuck to just plodding. I would think that 6s disintegrate to 3 also when stressed. In which case they would get more done in a short amount of time. I know that's what I do.

    I just looked up and it goes by the same idea for 6s.

    6 - Enneagram Type Six: The Loyalist
    Yeah, a 6's stress arrow points to 3...I'd quite agree with the competitive and arrogant nature. The Growth arrow to 9 too I can identify with.
    A 9's stress and growth arrows are opposite to that of a 6.

    Leaving Enneagram aside, which function do you think can be associated with motivation, finishing projects and getting work done? Is it Te?

  8. #8
    INTJ - The Scientists


    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    Yeah, a 6's stress arrow points to 3...I'd quite agree with the competitive and arrogant nature. The Growth arrow to 9 too I can identify with.
    A 9's stress and growth arrows are opposite to that of a 6.

    Leaving Enneagram aside, which function do you think can be associated with motivation, finishing projects and getting work done? Is it Te?
    I would think it be all of the functions. I'm loathe to separate them. ...but! Si/Te likes the job done in ISTJs so I would hazard a guess that Ni/Te likes the job done with INTJs. There are always going to be Fi and Se involved as well though....ie want the bastard job done to appreciate it aesthetically (Se) and want the shite done for emotional reasons, personal pride/values feeling guilty about not getting it done (Fi).
    Humoriarty and Amaterasu thanked this post.

  9. #9
    INTJ - The Scientists

    I focus so hard that I go into tunnel vision onto things. If I do it for too long I will burn out. I try to give myself a 5 minute break every 20 to 30 minutes.
    That's all it is for me, I don't need a "motivation". I just say "I'm going to focus now." and do it.
    Amaterasu thanked this post.

  10. #10
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasili Syrakis View Post
    I focus so hard that I go into tunnel vision onto things. If I do it for too long I will burn out. I try to give myself a 5 minute break every 20 to 30 minutes.
    That's all it is for me, I don't need a "motivation". I just say "I'm going to focus now." and do it.
    That's interesting. I find that many INTJs have the same behavior.
    I wish I did too.


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. *Note* To protect our forum from spam, we require all users to verify their email. We will send you a confirmation email after you've created an account. Be sure to check your "spam" box if you don't receive it in your inbox.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Motivation ?
    By airship_nebula in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
  2. [INFP] Motivation
    By HappyThoughts in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 05:38 AM
  3. T/F and Motivation
    By teddy564339 in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM
  4. [INFP] Motivation.
    By NexT in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
  5. self-motivation
    By Proteus in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 03:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe