| || |
This is a discussion on INTJ Stereotypes within the INTJ Forum - The Scientists forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by Jxuptosae Clever? You are religious. (Sorry, had to.) What? Does believing in something make you naive? Cleverness ...
Last edited by eternal_horizon; 04-26-2012 at 01:46 PM.
The biggest stereotype is definitely the no feelings/emotions one. We have feelings, we just don't necessarily display them the same way other types do.
2. INTJs are always evil. Really, that's only true 99% of the time... xD
3. INTJs think they're the best. May be a stereotype but it's true.
4. INTJs are rare. I'm a girl. I'm an INTJ. I know a girl. She's an INTJ. My Dad's an INTJ. I mean really, we're just rarely typed, you fools.
5. INTJs are arrogant. Not always, but more than most.
6. INTJs come off as cold and haughty. Only if we think you're stupid.
7. INTJs don't fit well into society. True.
8. INTJs are socially inept. Yes, but when an INTJ learns to put on a mask (mine is the ESFP) VOILA! We're socially accepted!
9. INTJs are rebellious. Um, heck yes.
10. INTJs can't love. They can, it's just reallyreallyreallyreally hard.
11. INTJs are manipulative. True...
1. I mean, I wouldn't say my intelligence is mediocre?
2. Psycopath, no. Sociopath, maybe.
3. I have lots of feelings! Usually, I'm angry. Sometimes I get so angry I cry. I'd say those are some emotions right there :D
4. Yes, actually.
5. But I keep it on the inside :]
6. Ohhh malarky. I think of romantic ideas every third blue moon...
7. Umm. Sometimes, not always. But anyone can be clever if they really try.
8. This goes along with cocky but I'll entertain it, there is always some doubt in my head so I wouldn't necessarily say I, personally, am toooo arrogant.
9. That's just a matter of personal opinion. :]
10. Direct =/= Brutal! We're just blunt.
2. If I was one, do you really think I'd be telling you about it?
3. I don't like my feelings to hold power over me. Having said that though, I cry, too.
4. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm a Christian
5. Not in the slightest. I'm just better than everybody else
6. I love romance, when it means something. But save that mushy crap for somebody who will buy it.
7. I'm not clever, I'm just good at making other people think I'm clever
8. See #5
9. If being honest qualifies me as a jerk, then I'm a jerk
10. Sometimes to a fault
Some guy thought I was a eugenicist. XD I don't even like Francis Galton.
Well, I'll start by saying that the one about INTJ's being completely apathetic or having no feelings is completely wrong. I'm actually a very sensative person at the heart of it, whether or not my friends, family, etc. realize it. If someone says something insulting or provoking, I don't usually show that I care, but I do. It's just naturally a good defense to act like you don't take things very hard. It's a bit of a double-edged sword, since I'm not ever standing up for myself, but it at least can get the person to stop saying things to you if you ACT like you don't care. I'll end with the fact that I'm not a blunt person, as most INTJs are critically acclaimed to be. I will often sugarcoat things if I happen to notice that the person I'm talking to seems to be as sensative as I am. I suppose I'm just a bit more on the considerate side. I'm not going to put a lot into this last one, but I am not an atheist at all.
I have an emotional core, one that charges motives, i guess you could say.
Hate to borrow from books but
you are only affected by people if you LET them affect you.
you misinterpret how control should be distributed, you have control over which opinions are dismissed and what can be taken in and studied.
If this person is a stranger, you shouldn't care period.
But there is no wrong with being considerate of other people's feelings if you think they're sensitive, god knows i hurt people a few times because i'm excessively blunt.
I did believe him about not having anything since he had to to go a specialist for a problem with his urethra and the first thing they did was test for STDs (that was 2 months prior to us meeting).
However, as time went on and I knew he was "dating" others on occasion, I couldn't help but get paranoid. I got tested for every possible STD and came clean.
When I told him, he didn't sound surprised, and he said "I told you. I'm not a stupid man. and I promised you that if I were to be with anyone, I would protect myself AND you. If i were to get something, not only would I be pissed off at myself, but I would lose you, and that's exactly what I do NOT want to happen." (this was a FWB situation)
We are now "exclusive" (i'm trying really hard to believe this, haha) and I am so relieved. Who knows how long this "exclusivity" will last, but I'm learning that once an INTJ makes a huge decision like this, it's pretty solid. Especially for him. I never asked of it, in fact, I tried breaking it off diplomatically and that's what he brought to the table.
This is actually for my INTJ friend. It's primarily how I see him, but I think it's accurate.
1.) Geniuses- He can think critically, and he's pretty smart, but I don't think genius is the correct word.
2.) Psychopaths- He is slightly sadistic sometimes, but I think he has strong enough morals.
3.) No feelings- Nope. He has strong feelings for most things actually.
4.) Atheist- He's actually Protestant.
5.) Cocky- Eh, Maybe on the inside he is, but he's pretty modest usually.
6.) Not romantic- This is true. He hates the concept of a meaningless relationship.
7.) Clever- This is also true.
8.) Arrogant- I think you can consult number five for this one.
9.) Jerks- Nope. He's actually a nice guy, even to the people he hates.
10.) Brutal and Direct- He sugarcoats things a lot actually. He'll be honest if you ask him to be though.