[INTJ] The (stream of conscious?) venting thread for INTJ. - Page 3

The (stream of conscious?) venting thread for INTJ.

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 2823 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 28226
Thank Tree52210Thanks

This is a discussion on The (stream of conscious?) venting thread for INTJ. within the INTJ Forum - The Scientists forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by lirulin It's been over a month now. I am tired of being ill. Fuck you, bronchitis, fuck ...

  1. #21
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by lirulin
    It's been over a month now. I am tired of being ill. Fuck you, bronchitis, fuck you...
    I feel you and hope you heal soon. Try almost 7 years of an incurable deadly nervous system illness. The prognosis: severe paralysis or even death as soon as within the first 3 years. Sufficeth to say I'm still alive, and kicking ass at that, and if I didn't share this information, none would've ever been able to tell. I'd rather bear this burden than have you suffer such disgrace!

    Damn illness won't leave me!!! BEGONE!!!
    lirulin, Hemoglobin, Expat in Japan and 3 others thanked this post.

  2. #22
    INTJ - The Scientists

    This puts my potential whining about how people go all to pieces when the word "sex" is mentioned into stark context. Thanks ricolicious.

  3. #23
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by ricolicious View Post
    I feel you and hope you heal soon. Try almost 7 years of an incurable deadly nervous system illness. The prognosis: severe paralysis or even death as soon as within the first 3 years. Sufficeth to say I'm still alive, and kicking ass at that, and if I didn't share this information, none would've ever been able to tell. I'd rather bear this burden than have you suffer such disgrace!

    Damn illness won't leave me!!! BEGONE!!!
    I had a bout of cancer a few years ago which required surgery, but from the sounds of it what I went through was a picnic in comparison. That's some serious whoop-ass you've unleashed there.
    Hemoglobin and ricolicious thanked this post.

  4. #24
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat in Japan View Post
    I decided to (try to) suck up all the negative emanating from my unaware (ISFJ) wife....doing nice things, saying nice things, smiling, being attentive and giving hugs and kisses.........aiming to conquer the emotional and physical 5 year divide between us. All she wants is stability and money.

    And like an echo, I am telling myself "you cannot change her, you cannot change her, you cannot expect her to change"....and my Fi is all out of whack, my mind caught in a circular maze....

    I have a doctorate dissertation to write and I can barely sit down at my computer to do ONE thing for more than 10 or 15 minutes.....

    The INTJ in me rears its beautiful head and monotones, "leave her".

    But we have two young children which she has said and shown that she cannot take care of alone due to her inability to deal with stress.

    During a regular day at a regular moment...I get on the verge of tears sometimes. What the hell?? I have to break free. How do I break free?
    For the sake of our children do we suffer untenable situations with the stoicism of saints. Smile, nod, pretend you care.... plot, plan, find the answers before anyone thinks to ask the questions.

    You are not alone. Many of us have been there, or are there now.
    Turututu, Hemoglobin, Expat in Japan and 7 others thanked this post.

  5. #25
    Unknown


    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceyRose View Post
    For the sake of our children do we suffer untenable situations with the stoicism of saints. Smile, nod, pretend you care.... plot, plan, find the answers before anyone thinks to ask the questions.

    You are not alone. Many of us have been there, or are there now.
    Ditto to that. I escaped with barely a shred of sanity left. We make it look so easy too.
    Turututu, Hemoglobin, Expat in Japan and 4 others thanked this post.

  6. #26
    INTJ - The Scientists


    I had a major reality wake up call yesterday. I realized how little my IRL friends matter compared to my OL friends. And that if there was a major event to happen in my life my OL friends would be the first to know.

    This actually makes me really sad and makes me think about what it is exactly that makes it so difficult to make friends on the physical plain. I wonder if maybe I am just a bad person? Or if I am just too difficult to get along with?
    Turututu, beth x, moonradio and 10 others thanked this post.

  7. #27
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by hemoglobin View Post
    I had a major reality wake up call yesterday. I realized how little my IRL friends matter compared to my OL friends. And that if there was a major event to happen in my life my OL friends would be the first to know.

    This actually makes me really sad and makes me think about what it is exactly that makes it so difficult to make friends on the physical plain. I wonder if maybe I am just a bad person? Or if I am just too difficult to get along with?
    I think the simple answer is that it is easier to find people who understand and accept you when you have an entire planet of people from which to choose. Our IRL company is so limited in comparison.

    You are not a bad person Hemo. Nor are you difficult to get along with. There is not one person among your OL friends who would claim otherwise. You are the heart of us.
    rizzy, Turututu, beth x and 8 others thanked this post.

  8. #28
    INTJ - The Scientists


    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceyRose View Post
    I think the simple answer is that it is easier to find people who understand and accept you when you have an entire planet of people from which to choose. Our IRL company is so limited in comparison.

    You are not a bad person Hemo. Nor are you difficult to get along with. There is not one person among your OL friends who would claim otherwise. You are the heart of us.
    Thank you Chancey, you and the others are such a comfort. I could never be more thankful for meeting such an amazing group of people. The INTJs I have met along the way all hold a very special place in my heart.

    I should say thank you to Invisible Jim in particular for slapping me with Te when I let my Fi get in the way of reality.
    InvisibleJim, PyrLove and arisniam thanked this post.

  9. #29
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat in Japan View Post
    I decided to (try to) suck up all the negative emanating from my unaware (ISFJ) wife....doing nice things, saying nice things, smiling, being attentive and giving hugs and kisses.........aiming to conquer the emotional and physical 5 year divide between us. All she wants is stability and money.

    And like an echo, I am telling myself "you cannot change her, you cannot change her, you cannot expect her to change"....and my Fi is all out of whack, my mind caught in a circular maze....

    I have a doctorate dissertation to write and I can barely sit down at my computer to do ONE thing for more than 10 or 15 minutes.....

    The INTJ in me rears its beautiful head and monotones, "leave her".

    But we have two young children which she has said and shown that she cannot take care of alone due to her inability to deal with stress.

    During a regular day at a regular moment...I get on the verge of tears sometimes. What the hell?? I have to break free. How do I break free?
    I agree with Chancey Rose's advice on one level; on another level, you could find some day care so you can get to your dissertation and not have to worry about other issues.

    Apologies if this seems overly reductive.
    Hemoglobin, Expat in Japan and PyrLove thanked this post.

  10. #30
    INTJ - The Scientists

    I effing luv you guys! Every one of you (she says as she sloshes her vodka tonic on the floor), but especially certain ones of you.... You know who you are. Wee!
    Turututu, beth x, Monkey Fritz and 4 others thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 2823 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Extremely conscious of our bodies?
    By 123mouton in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 07:55 AM
  2. Jung's Conscious Attitudes (Dominant E/I)
    By Functianalyst in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 08:50 PM
  3. (Sub)Conscious Processes + [Superficial?] Observations of Behaviour
    By Linesky in forum Critical Thinking & Philosophy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0