People have different personality types. Have you wondered why some people are easier to communicate with and others seem like they are from another planet? INTJs, of the Myers-Briggs personality classification, are one of the rarest personality types, and the hardest for the other personality types to understand. Less than 3% of the population are INTJ and less than 1% women are INTJ.
- The INTJ personality stands for:
Being Introverted does not necessarily mean shy and quiet. INTJs can talk quite a bit - but not of anything of their personal nature. They keep private things just that - private.
Being iNtuitive refers to the ability to immediately understand something. They are idea people who can see many different possibilities. They come up with unique solutions to complex problems.
Thinking - INTJs are very analytical. They are extremely busy (mentally) even when they are not doing anything. Their minds are always working on some theory or complex problem.
Judging - if you ask an INTJ their opinion about something, do not be horrified when they are brutally honest. Honesty is what you will get - even if it isn't really what you wanted.
- INTJs are not touchy-feely people. Group hugs offend them and team building is often looked on as a waste of time. They can be extremely good team leaders, although prefer to work behind the scenes as long as there is a team leader they can respect.
INTJs are extremely logical-minded and rarely speak unless they know something to be a fact, except when they are throwing something out to get a reaction.
- Often INTJs are mistaken as arrogant when they are actually self confident - they know what they know and, more importantly, they know what they do not know and keep their mouths shut about things they do not know.
- If you do not make sense or make a lot of small talk, it will be difficult to get along with a INTJ personality very well. INTJs have little patience for chit chat over nothing and they expect others to be as logical as they are. This said, they are EXTREMELY loyal people, and are more than willing to work at a relationship even though they lack natural empathy that Feeling types traditionally have.
Tips & Warnings
- Be direct with a INTJ. They do not tolerate indirectness very well.
- Don't be touchy-feely with an INTJ. They prefer a simple thanks to a hug.
- Online personality tests may be fun to take, but they are rarely accurate.
Bear in mind that some of this is edited for grammar and spelling mistakes.