| || |
This is a discussion on No shame thread: write something that scares you. within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Death....
Prejudice and active discrimination: for what ever reason, be it mbti typism prejudice, racism, sexism etc.
Actually I'm not sure that I'm so much frightened by this, but it truly disgusts me.
I fear I'll never live up to my potential ... that I'll just waste it all.
I fear I'll never be the most important person in someone else's life.
I fear organ failure.
I fear accidentally causing someone a harm that can never be mended.
I fear a coldness will develop inside me that will never thaw.
And more than anything, I fear I'll just give up.
I feel like a scared, lonely child in a world full of angry, heartless people. I'm scared this feeling wont ever go away
Saying goodbye. I'd only see my dad on the weekends, and even then barely for more than a few hours. When I did see him he'd constantly talk about how at any second I could die. It's all he'd ever talk about. Now, whenever I say goodbye to someone, even just after hanging out, I have this terrible feeling that it's going to be the last time I ever see them. I'm good at hiding it, but I doubt I'll ever be able to shake that fear.
I don't let most people know me too well because I'm afraid that my inner self is unlovable.
I'm afraid that next time I won't hesitate in putting an end to it all and I'll hurt those who I love the most.
I know someone who used to be so selfless and generous and now he's as bitter and selfish as it can get. I've become more cynical with time and I'm afraid that after years of being used and people betraying my trust, I'll end up the same way. Refusing to help anyone for fear of being used scares me the most of all things.
Last edited by Ovi; 08-22-2012 at 08:24 PM.
I'm afraid of society declining a la Idiocracy, and worry that I'll be part of the problem by sitting back and letting things happen.
- I fear that I might never break my habit of procrastinating on my goals, of regularly thinking about them and never getting anything done
- I fear that I'll never be able to get anything done on my own
- I fear that I might let myself become trapped in a soul-crushing job that doesn't fulfil me
- I fear that I might never create anything; of becoming a perpetual consumer who produces nothing of value
- I fear that I might never be able to break free of my social anxiety
- I fear that I might lose hope in humanity for good
- I fear that I might never allow myself to discover who I really am
- I fear that I might never accept and love myself for who I really am
- I fear that I may never discover my unique talents
- I fear that I might not be willing or able to share my unique talents with the world
- I fear losing my parents, and becoming a recluse, given my social anxiety and the fact that I only have one close friend
- I fear a future where freedom of any sort is but a dream
- I fear a future where compassion and empathy no longer exist
I feel if I'm myself, people will reject and hate me. Many avoid me already, and it makes me so sad. I try so hard to be a person people would like but there is always someone who dislikes me. Sometimes its someone I have a lot of feelings for.
My biggest fear is that I will be alone forever, die in my house, and no one will know untill someone notices I havent paid my bills.
And that I will never know real 'love'.