| || |
This is a discussion on You know you're an INFP when...... within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat You know you're an INFP when, as a child, you found a huge spider in ...
You know you're an INFP when you recall insignificant conversations you've had years ago and replay them in your head...and you really don't know why
You know you're an INFP when you need to clean your apartment, and you do it by pretending that you're a poor maid working for some rich people who treat you badly...but one day it will be revealed that you're actually a princess and your prince will come and rescue you. And while you're cleaning you're making up the whole background story with lots of characters in it, and your relationship with all these. When you're finished you practically believe you're Cinderella, at least you wish you were...
Erhmm...anyone else doing something like this?
- Your memory is completely crazy- you've daydreamed so much for so many years, sometimes when you think about the past, your daydreams become ingrained into your own experiences and you do a double-take when you realize that that particular memory didn't actually happen.
- Someone's treated you like crap and you're angry at them and want them to suffer. All of the sudden, you suddenly think, "I wonder why they did that." Then you begin to create scenarios and explanations for that person, and by the end of the day, you are feeling quite sorry for them.
- You're in the middle of a dull conversation and just to see what would happen, you throw in something really random into it. The entire conversation pauses for a few moments, then continues as if you haven't said anything. Though you are somewhat amused by this, you also sulk inside.
- Sometimes you dream up of in which you save and/or help the people you really care about and you feel really proud of yourself when you succeed (in your daydreams). Then you get depressed because you realize that the possibility of the exact scenario happening is next to nill if not impossible.
- You're teasing a friend for fun, but you accidentally go too far. When you see a look of hurt on your friend's face, you are horrified, immediately break character, and begin apologizing profusely. Even though they say it's okay, you are still feeling terrible about it for the next couple hours. Maybe even days.
- You are torn between letting other people know that you're actually really sensitive and kind-hearted because you want them to understand the real-you and having a tough exterior so that other people won't take advantage of you
- It is easier for you to defend/help others than it is defending/helping yourself. You can do nearly anything if someone else needs it- in fact, you are energized by knowing the fact that someone needs you. (dunno if this one is an INFP trait actually...)
you know you're an infp when you're too lazy to go back and read the previous posts on the thread, but then when you finish typing what you're about to post you delete it, and spend an hour reading the previous posts in fear that someone already said what you were about to say, then you go to finally post what you were originally going to say but you forget what you were going to say
You know you're actually an INFP when hurting all other animals is completely anathema. Especially cats - oh god, when I hear about people doing horrible things to cats D: D:
You know that you're an INFP when it makes you cry when you have to say something hurtful to a close friend - even when they really deserve it.
You know you're an INFP when you're so taken in by the emotions and imagery of a song/poem that it can sometimes take years before you figure out what the writer was actually trying to convey.