You get in trouble as a kid for carrying home a dead bird because its death makes you so sad that you want your family to have a funeral for it.
Your parents send you as an ambassador for peace when your brother has a temper tantrum.
Your family tells you that you are the sweetest, most considerate person in the family, and when you tell them that you're actually really mean and judgmental and try to make people feel bad sometimes, they crack up, and say, no no, you are the peacemaker.
You understand other people's emotions quickly and deeply and are therefore hurt and confused when other people don't understand yours. You think that they must not care about you or respect you.
You are peaceful and easygoing 95% of the time, but the other 5% of the time you are an emotional wreck.
Yes, totally to empath and jawz!! (Feeling personally hurt when idealists are bashed, and oscillation from open book to mysterious ending in guilt about both.)