Each question is intended to be a bit of a moral conflict. There are only -two- options in any choice. There are no loopholes, "yes in this situation, no in that" or any bs. If you wish, you can give a explanation on why you predominantly side with a certain choice, but it's not necessary. However, you will have to take a primary stance rather than dance around the topic.
We are all reasonably smart people, remember that either decision can be argued from any angle, so keep debates to a minimum (or start a new thread) as it prevents future posts.
Regardless of your responses, I appreciate and respect everyone that shares their thoughts.
Questions Response template further below.
1. You enter a burning building, sustaining some injuries in the process. You come across a 6 year old boy and girl, they are twins. Both of them are crying profusely and begging for you to help them. You will only be able to save one and the other will die. Which child will you save?
2. You and your partner have been madly in love for a number of years now (dating). Both of you are forever intertwined and have shared thoughts and feelings with one another that you have never shared with anyone else. Together, have openly touched on the idea of marriage and are excited about formally devoting your lives to one another. As the days draw nearer to fully taking the plunge, it turns out that your partner is your half brother/sister (you share the same father, but not mother). Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship
3. Up until this point you have lived a reasonably happy life. While things have not been perfect, every obstacle has only served to strengthen your desire for a better future. "One day..." you always tell yourself, one day you will find someone that loves and appreciates you for who you are; every day will be like living a dream. While that day will soon come, it will not happen for some others. With this, you are given a choice, would you be willing to give up your "soulmate" and by essence, part of your raison d'etre (reason to exist) to fulfill the lives of FOUR other people? You will be their inspiration through certain phases of their life. Do you live for yourself and your partner? Or do the weight of 4 others serve for the greatest overall happiness?
4. As you stroll down the street humming your favorite Backstreet Boys song, an attractive male/female (preference) asks if you can spare some money for a bus ticket. At the same time, a sickly looking homeless person asks if you can spare some change -- you have no idea what they'll do with it. You only have enough change to give to one person. Who are you more incline to give money to?
5. You are in a career where you have to swear confidentiality as people share a lot of personal stories with you. The stresses of the job are slowly aggravating you and you are somewhat bothered about not being open with your partner, whom you swore never to keep secrets from. Your spouse, with your wedding ring shining on their finger, inquires if there is anything they can do to help. You know deep down they are curious about your career, but they'd never pry as they are aware of your commitments. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it?
6. Congratulations! You or your spouse is pregnant! While the thought of bringing a child into this world is certainly a scary thought, you have done your homework and have so much to look forward to. Challenges? They'll be there, but you and your partner will get through anything... right? In the early weeks of pregnancy the doctor informs you that your child will suffer from limited motor function. Additionally, its intellectual capacity will peak at roughly 7 years old. The doctor gives you the option of having an abortion. None of your friends or family know of the pregnancy and you can keep the abortion a secret if you wish. Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child?
7. Based on a popular Japanese anime called "Death Note," you come into possession of a book that will allow you to end the lives of people simply by writing their names down in it. While you consider yourself a generally good and reasonable person, I'm sure you can think of specific names or types of people, whose lives have only caused harm to others. There are no consequences to yourself, outside of moral ones. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability?
8. You have always been a bit of a romantic and have been a constant journey to finding your true love. So many thoughts pour into your head whenever you imagine the possibilities, they are always able to put you at ease, they can read your mind like no other, they will love you to the ends of the Earth. Not only will they bring happiness, but also fulfillment. You come across an enchanting guy/girl, their words are like a melody as it resonates within your ear. Both of you have talked for hours and are mutually fascinated with one another. It's too early to say you are meant to be, but you believe there is a lot of promise. As you continue to talk, they confess to having an abundance of sexual partners before in the past. The number baffles you as it is almost double their age. As they finish speaking they smile at you inquisitively, but place their hand on your inner thigh. What their intent by this touch is up for debate. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens?
Copy and paste the following into your response to simplify reading.
Please avoid reading other posts until after you have completed your own, if you intend to participate.HTML Code:[b]1. 6 year old boy and girl in burning build, which child do you save?[/b] [b]2. Your romantic partner ends up being your half brother/sister. Options: Continue Relationship to Marriage OR End Romantic Relationship[/b] [b]3. Do you live for yourself and your partner OR do you value the happiness of 4 others?[/b] [b]4. Spare change, give it to the attractive male/female OR the homeless person?[/b] [b]5. Sworn career confidentiality and internal stress vs spousal vows and their desire to help. Do you believe it is alright to breach confidentiality and speak to your spouse about it?[/b] [b]6. Early pregnancy and future disability of the child. Are you more incline to have an abortion or keep the child?[/b] [b]7. Playing Grim Reaper with a book that allows you to end lives. Will you write down -anyones- name in the book (now or future)? Or will you destroy it as you were never meant to have that ability?[/b] [b]8. Potential soulmate, but troubling number of sexual partners. Idealism vs the heart. Will your conscience get the best of you and turn you off from this person? Or will you accept the past and see what happens?[/b]