I hate being INFJ

I hate being INFJ

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
Thank Tree106Thanks

This is a discussion on I hate being INFJ within the INFJ Forum - The Protectors forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Hello, I'm sorry that this will be a most unpopular thread but i have to say it. I hate being ...

  1. #1
    INFJ - The Protectors

    I hate being INFJ

    Hello,

    I'm sorry that this will be a most unpopular thread but i have to say it.
    I hate being and INFJ....I hate it.
    I am most definately one and am sick and tired of being so damn useless, sensitive, abstract, enslaved by my perceptions of others feelings (toward me), imaginative instead of PRACTICAL and Sturdy.

    I'm anything but sturdy, practical, sensible, useful.

    I've been one for many years and I am ready to be useful, fearless, non chalant, HAPPY.

    thanks for reading my dark post.
    infj123, R22, IamOpening and 11 others thanked this post.



  2. #2
    INFJ - The Protectors

    your personality is you, so it is like saying you hate yourself.


    I believe the first step to being happy is learning to love yourself.

    There is this aspect of happiness that it is a decision to make.
    There are many instances in my life where I feel there is absolutely no reason to be happy, yet when I tell myself I want to be happy, then it becomes a decision that I make.
    When I decide to be happy, then I find ways to be happy. I don't blame it on my personality because no matter how I pretend or try not to be me, at the end of the day, I will still lie on my bed
    and return to my own self.

    I never hated I am an INFJ. What I hate about is how very few people care to understand me for being me.
    Although I cannot coerce people to be understanding, at least I know that it is not my fault for being what I am, and there is nothing wrong with being me.
    You may be hating your personality because of the reaction of people around you, or the result of the situations you have been through, but hey, it's not your fault that people around you don't care.

    Don't be too hard on yourself.
    Don't judge too hard, don't judge yourself too hard.
    julesx2x, cypresstree, dsmjo and 2 others thanked this post.

  3. #3
    INFJ - The Protectors

    I don't blame you; I often feel the same way. I'm INTJ-FJ hybrid, and.... I feel like there's a way I should be. Responsible and reliable and straight-forward. But my emotions influence so much of what I do. Sometimes I hate who I am. Other times, I realize that I am not set in stone, but my personality will fluctuate and change a little bit, and the more life experiences I have, the more I learn how to adapt to things and know ahead of time how I will react.
    napoleon227, cypresstree and dsmjo thanked this post.

  4. #4
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar13 View Post
    your personality is you, so it is like saying you hate yourself.
    I think that is what he's saying. It's kind of, the point (unfortunate as it may be).



    The trick, for us, is to figure out where we can be both useful and happy. It's difficult to do in a competitive, consumerist society that worships the superficial.

    I'm still hoping it can be found.
    infj123, R22, CuritadeRana and 2 others thanked this post.

  5. #5
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar13 View Post
    your personality is you, so it is like saying you hate yourself.


    I believe the first step to being happy is learning to love yourself.

    Not sure i agree that it's the 'me-est' part of 'me' but i guess i do hate myself most of the time as i see myself imprisoned in this personality that overwhelms and limits me TREMENDOUSLY.

    Why must i be so at the mercy of other's feelings....yet i am and can not free myself from feeling what i feel. Why do i need what i need and why do i need it so intensely? I hate it.
    infj123, R22 and Libubu thanked this post.

  6. #6
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by lithinos7 View Post
    I don't blame you; I often feel the same way. I'm INTJ-FJ hybrid, and.... I feel like there's a way I should be. Responsible and reliable and straight-forward. But my emotions influence so much of what I do. Sometimes I hate who I am. Other times, I realize that I am not set in stone, but my personality will fluctuate and change a little bit, and the more life experiences I have, the more I learn how to adapt to things and know ahead of time how I will react.

    yes, I try to adapt....it's one step up three back. I'm a social invalid. I hate it. i want to not give a hoot about what people feel or say. I want to feel EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.

    Thank you for responding!

  7. #7
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon227 View Post
    I think that is what he's saying. It's kind of, the point (unfortunate as it may be).



    The trick, for us, is to figure out where we can be both useful and happy. It's difficult to do in a competitive, consumerist society that worships the superficial.

    I'm still hoping it can be found.

    What I'm saying is that I don't think these finer sensitive qualities are actually good. They are out of balance and far too self indulgent IMO....i want to let go of myself and what I feel and just be normal and confidant for a while.
    Libubu thanked this post.

  8. #8
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar13 View Post
    your personality is you, so it is like saying you hate yourself.


    I believe the first step to being happy is learning to love yourself.

    There is this aspect of happiness that it is a decision to make.
    There are many instances in my life where I feel there is absolutely no reason to be happy, yet when I tell myself I want to be happy, then it becomes a decision that I make.
    When I decide to be happy, then I find ways to be happy. I don't blame it on my personality because no matter how I pretend or try not to be me, at the end of the day, I will still lie on my bed
    and return to my own self.

    I never hated I am an INFJ. What I hate about is how very few people care to understand me for being me.
    Although I cannot coerce people to be understanding, at least I know that it is not my fault for being what I am, and there is nothing wrong with being me.
    You may be hating your personality because of the reaction of people around you, or the result of the situations you have been through, but hey, it's not your fault that people around you don't care.

    Don't be too hard on yourself.
    Don't judge too hard, don't judge yourself too hard.

    That's just what I mean...you say you wish more ppl would just understand you...i say THAT is the problem....why can't i just not give a blither what they think and go on enjoying life.
    WAY TOO INTROSPECIVE....Stuck inside ourselves to the point of literally being useless imaginary wispies.
    Sorry but I've been a useless imaginary wisp for eons.
    R22, maps and Nicole Hobbs thanked this post.

  9. #9
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon227 View Post
    I think that is what he's saying. It's kind of, the point (unfortunate as it may be).
    I was spelling it out for him, i think he is not (sorry if i presumed wrongly) aware that he hates himself because he would have said he hates himself, and not he hates his being an INFJ.

    I may be very wrong, but it is common for me to simplify a person's statement because he might not realize what he is actually saying.

    Sorry for being defensive.

  10. #10
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar13 View Post
    I was spelling it out for him, i think he is not (sorry if i presumed wrongly) aware that he hates himself because he would have said he hates himself, and not he hates his being an INFJ.

    I may be very wrong, but it is common for me to simplify a person's statement because he might not realize what he is actually saying.

    Sorry for being defensive.

    S'ok, I could have worded it better.

    Thanx for clearing it up that subtlety. I think we all want the same thing - to help each other deal.
    dsmjo thanked this post.


 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what do you hate about yourself?
    By teabiscits in forum ISFP Forum - The Artists
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 06:16 AM
  2. I Hate You All!
    By εmptε in forum General Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM
  3. Don't hate...
    By ArenaHomme in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe