Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Thank Tree3Thanks

This is a discussion on Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles within the Guess the type forums, part of the What's my personality type? category; So I've been reading The Vampire Lestat recently... and it is really shocking to see that a large portion of ...

  1. #1
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

    So I've been reading The Vampire Lestat recently... and it is really shocking to see that a large portion of the book is pretty much Ne vs Si. If anyone feels like helping me type some of the characters I'm not sure on, I'd sure appreciate it.

    Lestat - ENTP
    Gabrielle - INTJ (pretty sure, slightly questionable though)
    Nicholas - ESTJ?
    Marius - ENTJ?
    Armand - ISFJ (and I'm willing to defend this one to thee death. His extreme use of Si throughout the books is so clear, I cannot believe anyone says INFJ.)
    Louis - ISFP? In the movie he is played like an ENTJ, but I'm pretty sure the book version of him is an ISFP.


    And so far those are the only ones I've typed. Gonna be back with more.
    FreeSpirit thanked this post.



  2. #2
    ESFP - The Performers

    @Ogen

    It's been so long since I read one of those books...
    what a blast from the past thinking about this.

    Can say I'm liking Lestat: ENTP
    and Louis: ISFP

    what about Claudia?

    Why did you go ISFJ for Armand? He always annoyed me
    in the books, but ISFJs are my fav. type- so I am curious.

    I don't think I've read one of these books in 13 years. (Last
    time was when I was 17, I think.)

  3. #3
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Haven't read these books in years...

    Lestat - ENTP
    Gabrielle - Can't remember
    Nicholas - INFP
    Marius - ENFJ
    Armand - ISTJ (deliberately acts like a 'traditional' vampire, uses Te over Fe by far)
    Louis - ISFx (Can see both Fe and Fi in there, but maybe more Si)

  4. #4
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by laurie17 View Post
    Haven't read these books in years...

    Lestat - ENTP
    Gabrielle - Can't remember
    Nicholas - INFP
    Marius - ENFJ
    Armand - ISTJ (deliberately acts like a 'traditional' vampire, uses Te over Fe by far)
    Louis - ISFx (Can see both Fe and Fi in there, but maybe more Si)
    armand istj? what the hell? he is sexual and alluring, not robotic and dry. he is difficult to type, because i don''t think there's quite enough information on him in the book to really say for sure. he is a leader and organizer of a theatre, he is emotionally deep(yet soulless and can't feel love), he is reflective. he can be anything from entj, intj, infj, isfj and enfj.

  5. #5
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Quote Originally Posted by Ventricity View Post
    armand istj? what the hell? he is sexual and alluring, not robotic and dry. he is difficult to type, because i don''t think there's quite enough information on him in the book to really say for sure. he is a leader and organizer of a theatre, he is emotionally deep(yet soulless and can't feel love), he is reflective. he can be anything from entj, intj, infj, isfj and enfj.
    Have you ever read The Vampire Lestat? Basically when Lestat and Armand meet for the first time, it is a war between Ne vs Si. Lestat accuses Armand of having little to no imagination, to being a slave to every idea of himself that he encountered.

    In The Interview With the Vampire Armand asks Louis to show him this world, to guide him through it because he did not understand it. In Queen of the Damned, Armand finds his guide. Armand is a slave, to his emotions and to the world around him.

    Yes, he is mysterious, emotionally deep, and reflective. But he is very assuredly Si dominate.

    I don't have the arguments ready for ISTJ though. Most people think that Armand is an INFJ.

  6. #6
    INTP - The Thinkers

    i have only read the first book. i started reading the second book, but it seemed ridiculous and nothing like the first, so i threw it away. what i liked about the first one was the erotic and sensual undertones, done with intelligence.

  7. #7
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ventricity View Post
    i have only read the first book. i started reading the second book, but it seemed ridiculous and nothing like the first, so i threw it away. what i liked about the first one was the erotic and sensual undertones, done with intelligence.
    In the second Armand is waaaaay ISTJ. He lives in a cemetery with other vampires, wears rags, believes they should all suffer etc. because that's what he was taught it was supposed to be like. Shows serious Si going on.
    Also, ISTJs are not robotic :/ I know an ISTJ who is very emotional, but uses Si and Te obviously at the same time. You're going by stereotypes.

    I think:

    Lestat - ENTP
    Nicholas - IxFP
    Armand - ISTJ
    Louis - IxFJ

    Missed out a few characters because I only read half the second book (it got too angsty and longwinded for my tastes).

  8. #8
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Ventricity View Post
    armand istj? what the hell? he is sexual and alluring, not robotic and dry. he is difficult to type, because i don''t think there's quite enough information on him in the book to really say for sure. he is a leader and organizer of a theatre, he is emotionally deep(yet soulless and can't feel love), he is reflective. he can be anything from entj, intj, infj, isfj and enfj.
    The Vampire Armand (book) was a pretty decent view of what the world kind of looks like from an emotional ISTJ view. I won't say exactly what happens, but he makes a choice that's very driven by his idea of 'duty'.

    The characters do have a habit of changing a little in each book though...

  9. #9
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by laurie17 View Post
    an emotional ISTJ view. I won't say exactly what happens, but he makes a choice that's very driven by his idea of 'duty'.

    The characters do have a habit of changing a little in each book though...
    I agree with this. (I've not read The Vampire Armand, but from the outside the emotion+duty really struck me in The Vampire Lestat) It felt more like 'should' (Extraverted Judging function) than something more purely Fiish, but I'd have to read the book to be sure it's Te. But from my understanding so far, it looks more like Te, because he showed no uncertainty/bad feelings about following through with his duty, or atleast not strong ones. Where I see Te, I don't see much conflict, and though it might be going on underneath, the ISTJ I know best, if he does follow through with strong decisions, the should/necessity to act in the way he does seems to much outweigh valuing the otherside. ISFJs are much more conflicted/find it harder to make decisions - the consensus I've seen on the ISFJ forums anyway. But this is A couple of real life ISTJs I know, the online community of ISFJs and me theorising, so I don't know how far it encapsulates them for sure.
    Looks like I have a book to go on my list for holiday reading hehe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogen View Post
    Nicholas - ESTJ?

    I'm not sure how I'd type him, and I'm interested. What makes you say ESTJ?

  10. #10
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    I agree with this. (I've not read The Vampire Armand, but from the outside the emotion+duty really struck me in The Vampire Lestat) It felt more like 'should' (Extraverted Judging function) than something more purely Fiish, but I'd have to read the book to be sure it's Te. But from my understanding so far, it looks more like Te, because he showed no uncertainty/bad feelings about following through with his duty, or atleast not strong ones. Where I see Te, I don't see much conflict, and though it might be going on underneath, the ISTJ I know best, if he does follow through with strong decisions, the should/necessity to act in the way he does seems to much outweigh valuing the otherside. ISFJs are much more conflicted/find it harder to make decisions - the consensus I've seen on the ISFJ forums anyway. But this is A couple of real life ISTJs I know, the online community of ISFJs and me theorising, so I don't know how far it encapsulates them for sure.
    Looks like I have a book to go on my list for holiday reading hehe.
    Like he bricked Louis up in the wall, because of what the other vampires expected (leaving out other spoiler, but if you read/watched it you'll know what's missing).


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is your Vampire name?--Vampire name generator
    By lycanized in forum General Chat
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 12:38 AM
  2. Vampire Chronicles Characters
    By Wounded Bird in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
  3. Flood-resistant rice 'also has drought-proof trait'
    By skycloud86 in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 02:20 AM
  4. [INTJ] Condoleezza Rice
    By patria in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 06:13 AM
  5. Rice for Strong Buildings
    By Solace in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe