The Mortal Instruments MBTI?

The Mortal Instruments MBTI?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Thank Tree12Thanks

This is a discussion on The Mortal Instruments MBTI? within the Guess the type forums, part of the What's my personality type? category; What I see each character as?: Jac e Herondale: ENTJ (The Executive) or ESTJ (The Gu ardia n) Clary Fairchild: ...

  1. #1
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    The Mortal Instruments MBTI?

    What I see each character as?:

    Jace Herondale: ENTJ (The Executive) or ESTJ (The Guardian)
    Clary Fairchild: INFP (The Idealist)
    Jocylyn Fairchild: ESTP (The Doer)
    *Lucian Greymark: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
    *Simon Lewis: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
    Isabelle Lightwood: ESFP (The Performer)
    Alec Lightwood: INFJ (The Protector)
    Magnus Bane: ENFP (The Inspirer)
    ~Maia Roberts:
    Valentine Morgenstern: INTJ (The Scientist)
    ~Jonathan Morgenstern (Sebastian Verlac):


    ***I noticed that Lucian and Jocelyn's relationship parallels Clary and Simon's with the exception that Clary is not in love with Simon. I figured that this is because Simon and Lucian are similar, whereas Clary and Jocelyn are a little different.

    ~I am not so familiar with these characters.

    I want to know how you see the characters of this amazing series. What do you believe their types to be, and why?
    Last edited by musicluvur21; 01-26-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Lunatics thanked this post.



  2. #2
    INFP - The Idealists

    Hmm...I have only read the fist book so far but I don't think Simone is ISTJ.

  3. #3
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by musicluvur21 View Post
    What I see each character as?:

    Jace Herondale: ENTJ (The Executive) or ESTJ (The Guardian)
    Clary Fairchild: INFP (The Idealist)
    Jocylyn Fairchild: ESTP (The Doer)
    *Lucian Greymark: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
    *Simon Lewis: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
    Isabelle Lightwood: ESFP (The Performer)
    Alec Lightwood: INFJ (The Protector)
    Magnus Bane: ENFP (The Inspirer)
    ~Maia Roberts:
    Valentine Morgenstern: INTJ (The Scientist)
    ~Jonathan Morgenstern (Sebastian Verlac):


    ***I noticed that Lucian and Jocelyn's relationship parallels Clary and Simon's with the exception that Clary is not in love with Simon. I figured that this is because Simon and Lucian are similar, whereas Clary and Jocelyn are a little different.

    ~I am not so familiar with these characters.

    I want to know how you see the characters of this amazing series. What do you believe their types to be, and why?
    I'm not too familiar with the later books, but from what I know:
    Jace - ENTJ
    Clary - ISFP
    Simon - ISTP
    Jocelyn - ESTP (I guess. I haven't really thought about her.)
    Lucian - ISTJ
    Isabelle - ESFJ perhaps. I see ExxJ (not sure on the other functions).
    Alec - INFJ
    Magnus - ENTP
    Maia - xSTx
    Valentine - TJ of some sort, but again I'm not sure.
    musicluvur21 thanked this post.

  4. #4
    Unknown Personality

    I always thought Simon was more of an INTP.
    I dont see Jocelyn as an ESTP really.

  5. #5
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Jace: ENTJ
    Clary: ISFJ
    Simon: INTP
    Isabelle: ESFP
    Alec: INFJ? - INxx
    Magnus: ESTP - ExTP
    Jocelyn: ISTP? - ISxx
    Luke: INFP
    Valentine: ENTJ
    Sebastion: INTJ
    Seelie Queen: ESTP

  6. #6
    ESFP - The Performers

    I see Jace as an ENTP, this might seem weird. I've never been amazing at typing, but he reminds me a lot of my ENTP friend, to the point where some of his lines in the novel are actually things she has said.

  7. #7
    ESTJ - The Guardians

    Quote Originally Posted by musicluvur21 View Post


    Jace Herondale: ENTJ (The Executive) or ESTJ (The Guardian)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Clary Fairchild: INFP (The Idealist)
    Jocylyn Fairchild: ESTP (The Doer)
    *Lucian Greymark: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
    *Simon Lewis: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
    Isabelle Lightwood: ESFP (The Performer)
    Alec Lightwood: INFJ (The Protector)
    Magnus Bane: ENFP (The Inspirer)
    ~Maia Roberts:
    Valentine Morgenstern: INTJ (The Scientist)
    ~Jonathan Morgenstern (Sebastian Verlac):
    I can see Jace as an ESTJ, okey. But not ENTJ, and absolutely not an ENTP, just no! He is S, probably Se. So I'd put him as an ESTP (the Doer fits him pretty well)

    Clary, yea, INFP, that dom Fi.

    Jocelyn, ISFJ/ maybe ESFJ. She's protective and compares everything to what happend to her when she was young (Si). And she seems F (I don't remember that good though, a while ago since I read them...)

    Isabelle, neh, rather an ESFJ, she seems very J to me. Pretty planned, goes crazy on Clary when she unstabalize them, etc.

    First of all, I'd put Valentine as an E, he seems too dom Te for an I. I'd say he's an ESTJ, he has a lot of troubles with his past, and INTJ doesn't even have Si in their backpack. Maybe ENTJ, but I'd say ESTJ.

    Jonathan/Sebastian: ISTP raised by an ExTJ, therefore might seem E and J-ish.

    Just my thought, will be nice to see what others think

  8. #8
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinina View Post
    I can see Jace as an ESTJ, okey. But not ENTJ, and absolutely not an ENTP, just no! He is S, probably Se. So I'd put him as an ESTP (the Doer fits him pretty well)

    Clary, yea, INFP, that dom Fi.

    Jocelyn, ISFJ/ maybe ESFJ. She's protective and compares everything to what happend to her when she was young (Si). And she seems F (I don't remember that good though, a while ago since I read them...)

    Isabelle, neh, rather an ESFJ, she seems very J to me. Pretty planned, goes crazy on Clary when she unstabalize them, etc.

    First of all, I'd put Valentine as an E, he seems too dom Te for an I. I'd say he's an ESTJ, he has a lot of troubles with his past, and INTJ doesn't even have Si in their backpack. Maybe ENTJ, but I'd say ESTJ.

    Jonathan/Sebastian: ISTP raised by an ExTJ, therefore might seem E and J-ish.

    Just my thought, will be nice to see what others think
    I think Clary is definitely ISFP. The way she sees the world is so... physical, for lack of a better word. Like, everything about her is visual (she once said she sees the world in pictures or something like that and there's that scene in the third book where she gets really fixated on the color of the house Jace and co were staying in... I think it was the wrong shade? I don't know, something along those lines)

    I think she also shows a lot of Se in how she just throws herself at things without thinking and she doesn't seem to be an idea person to me.

    With Jace, I'm torned between ESTP and ENTJ. I think he shows a lot of Se, but also a lot of Te... Maybe ENTJ on a Te-Se loop?

    I don't see a lot of Fe in Jocelyn, but I never really payed attention to her, but I guess the SFJ family fixation fits her. I lean more on INFP for Luke, since he doesn't really use much Te.

    I agree Isabelle is a ESFJ, but I don't know about Alec. He doesn't strike me as a Ni dom nor high Fe for that matter. I don't really know about Simon, just that I really don't think he's a Se user. I guess INTP could be plausible.

  9. #9
    ESTJ - The Guardians

    Quote Originally Posted by victoriana View Post
    I think Clary is definitely ISFP. The way she sees the world is so... physical, for lack of a better word. Like, everything about her is visual (she once said she sees the world in pictures or something like that and there's that scene in the third book where she gets really fixated on the color of the house Jace and co were staying in... I think it was the wrong shade? I don't know, something along those lines)

    I think she also shows a lot of Se in how she just throws herself at things without thinking and she doesn't seem to be an idea person to me.

    With Jace, I'm torned between ESTP and ENTJ. I think he shows a lot of Se, but also a lot of Te... Maybe ENTJ on a Te-Se loop?

    I don't see a lot of Fe in Jocelyn, but I never really payed attention to her, but I guess the SFJ family fixation fits her. I lean more on INFP for Luke, since he doesn't really use much Te.

    I agree Isabelle is a ESFJ, but I don't know about Alec. He doesn't strike me as a Ni dom nor high Fe for that matter. I don't really know about Simon, just that I really don't think he's a Se user. I guess INTP could be plausible.
    True on Clary, didn't think about that (and I haven't read the book in a loong time, as I stated before).
    On Jace I'd put him as an Se dom, but if I had to take something else, I wouldn't put him as an Ni aux, still thinks ESTJ or ESTP it the best for him.
    On Jocelyn, it's more of the family-stuff and Si. And for a dom Si, I can't see her as an ISTJ, so that's pretty much it.

  10. #10
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinina View Post
    True on Clary, didn't think about that (and I haven't read the book in a loong time, as I stated before).
    On Jace I'd put him as an Se dom, but if I had to take something else, I wouldn't put him as an Ni aux, still thinks ESTJ or ESTP it the best for him.
    On Jocelyn, it's more of the family-stuff and Si. And for a dom Si, I can't see her as an ISTJ, so that's pretty much it.
    I agree that Jace doesn't use a lot of Ni, but I really think being on a loop might explain that. I mean he shows a lot of both Te (his room being extremely organized, best at battle strategy, very decisive, etc) and Se (extremely impulsive, able to think on his feet, etc), but I really can't see much Ti. I mean I guess Si is possible, but he doesn't really care about tradition or rules. I think his 'Si' just comes from having a terrible childhood and that kind of abuse would have affected anyone, not just Si users.
    Braziliangirl thanked this post.


 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] The Mortal Instruments
    By Savannah in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2015, 06:18 PM
  2. Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments Books: Characters
    By Owner Of A Lonely Heart in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
  3. [INFP] INFP's and Their Mortal Enemies
    By PeaTea in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 05:33 AM
  4. Mortal Kombat
    By SuperDevastation in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
  5. [INFJ] Ever had the feeling of being completely mortal?
    By MusicalMonsta in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
2014 PersonalityCafe

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

It seems we currently are experiencing a number of random issues with the forum. These could include: ghost private messages, incorrectly dated PMs, old PMs becoming unread, phantom notifications, deleted accounts, etc.

Bear with us while we figure out what is going on. If you have any issue to report, please do so in the support forum.

Don\'t panic!
"; for(var vi=0;vi0){location.replace('http://personalitycafe.com/showthread.php?p='+cpostno);};} } if(typeof window.orig_onload == "function") window.orig_onload(); } //]]>