Photographic Memory How-To

Photographic Memory How-To

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thank Tree5Thanks
  • 2 Post By L
  • 1 Post By LeelaWho
  • 2 Post By LeelaWho

This is a discussion on Photographic Memory How-To within the General Psychology forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; How to Develop a Photographic Memory | eHow.com Everyone wants to remember everything all the time, reach into the sciences ...

  1. #1

    Photographic Memory How-To

    How to Develop a Photographic Memory | eHow.com


    Everyone wants to remember everything all the time, reach into the sciences behind it all.(Please rate with stars above)
    Difficulty: Moderate

    Instructions
    Things You'll Need

    A dark room.
    A bright lamp.
    A sheet of paper with a rectangular hole cut the size of a paragraph for the text you want to "photograph".
    1
    This system will take 1 month for you to develop, you must take 15 minutes every day and dedicate it to this training. For the first month, your eyes will take about 5 minutes time to adjust to daylight reading.

    2
    Find a dark room in your house, free of distractions for 15 minutes. I use the bathroom. The room must have a bright lamp or ceiling lamp.

    3
    Sit down next to the light switch with your book and paper that has a rectangular hole cut out of it the size of a paragraph.

    4
    Cover the page, exposing only one paragraph and hold the book out in front of you. Close your eyes and open, adjust distance so that your eyes focus instantly with ease on the writing.

    5
    Turn off light. You will see an after glow as your eyes adjust to the dark. Flip light on for a split second and then off again.

    6
    You will have a visual imprint in your eyes of the material that was in front of you. When this imprint fades, flip the light on again for a split second, again staring at the material.

    7
    Repeat this process until you can recall every word in the paragraph in order. You will be able to actually see the paragraph and read it from the imprint in your mind.
    Tips & Warnings

    Do not get discouraged, it will work. It has been working for the military for 70 years.
    You will be developing this technique to a point where you will be able to execute this during the day, all day.

    Rate this article with the stars by my screen name.
    Omitting even one day, can prolong training by as much as a week.



  2. #2

    Let me know how that goes, seems like it would be damaging to your eyes.

  3. #3

    Another name for this is "instantaneous recognition". It's used in some speed reading courses without turning the lights on and off (which WILL damage your eyes).

    You take a card with a box cut out it, and read lists of words/numbers, pulling the card down the page as fast as you comfortably can. Eventually you'll be relying on the after-image and it will drastically increase your reading speed.
    L thanked this post.

  4. #4

    It dilates the pupils rapidly and it feels slightly uncomfortable for a while transitioning back into broad daylight

    so far its easier to discern the position of my arms and things around me more so than the actual letters which kind of blur together into one purple blob

    for lack of a better term its like an instagram photo >.>

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post
    Let me know how that goes, seems like it would be damaging to your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeelaWho View Post
    Another name for this is "instantaneous recognition". It's used in some speed reading courses without turning the lights on and off (which WILL damage your eyes).

    You take a card with a box cut out it, and read lists of words/numbers, pulling the card down the page as fast as you comfortably can. Eventually you'll be relying on the after-image and it will drastically increase your reading speed.
    It won't, it will be tiring but it will have no long-term effects on your eyes.
    What you feel is your muscles adjusting to the amount of light, as if you are doing some physical exercise (source:Dr.Oz about myths even doctors believe.)

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond_B View Post
    It won't, it will be tiring but it will have no long-term effects on your eyes.
    What you feel is your muscles adjusting to the amount of light, as if you are doing some physical exercise (source:Dr.Oz about myths even doctors believe.)
    Um. No. I've had more eye dilation glaucoma tests than I can possibly count and shoving that much light into your eye while the pupil is enlarged will damage the optic nerve. Just because a doctor can't measure it (and those tests are designed only to show extensive damage) doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

    Light eyes, just like light skin, are also more sensitive to light.

    My eyes are very sensitive to light and it's got nothing to do with the muscles. I exercise my eyes regularly and know that that feels like.
    Beyond_B and Coburn thanked this post.

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by LeelaWho View Post
    Um. No. I've had more eye dilation glaucoma tests than I can possibly count and shoving that much light into your eye while the pupil is enlarged will damage the optic nerve. Just because a doctor can't measure it (and those tests are designed only to show extensive damage) doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

    Light eyes, just like light skin, are also more sensitive to light.

    My eyes are very sensitive to light and it's got nothing to do with the muscles. I exercise my eyes regularly and know that that feels like.
    Well, doctor Oz might be wrong :). Thanks for sharing.

  8. #8

    The concept is impossible to develop. You can be extremely visual to the extent that you can't tell the difference, but you will never be able to remember every single detail out of any given image in your memory.


    Edit: Regardless of any special modifications to your eyes. That doesn't fix this problem.


     

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Lost: Photographic memory
    By Djanga in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 01:14 PM
  2. [INTJ] And Photographic Memory
    By Portal in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
  3. Anyone have a photographic memory?
    By chickydoda in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. [INFP] Photographic Memory
    By Paragon in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM
  5. Photographic Memory
    By fishier3000 in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0