- Whole grains. (Bread, cereal, brown rice, etc.)
- Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Especially when they are deep in color, like colorful leafy greens.
- Lean meats.
- Poultry (chicken, turkey, etc), eggs, beans, and unsalted/flavored nuts.
- Non-fat or low-fat dairy. (Skim milk, yogurt, etc.)
- Water and tea. No soda unless it's like once a week. No super sugary drinks. If you want a fruity drink, try something that's low (or totally free of) sugar.
- Try to stay away from table salt and traditional sugar. Try low calorie, natural sweeteners, and try other spices to try and replace table salt.
I've got several pounds (and body fat) to shave off. Am I missing anything?