From: Parenting Skill ESTP Requires Energy and Let Them Explore!
Parenting skill estp....well "Hold onto you hats Mom and Dad", the nature of this child is learning by energetic exploration!! Your Parenting Skill will by pushed with this type, but you gotta love em for it!
ESTP, Extraverted with Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving, parenting skill can be improved by understanding that these ESTP young ones are pushing every limit, learning by exploration and adventure, will do everything by themselves. If you can go with that Mom and Dad they can be exciting and fun to raise!
Firstly understand that this page is devoted to helping you as a loving parent or guardian better understand how to use your instinctive nature to improve your parenting skill by nurturing your child.
Your nature and your child’s nature is your personality type and your child’s type as discovered through the Myers Briggs Test. You may or may not be ESTP; but, if your child is ESTP than this page can guide you in developing outstanding parenting skill as you raise and interact with your ESTP child.
You’ll be introduced to several key personality characteristics of the ESTP child and you’ll be given some suggestions as to things to do that will improve parenting skill and help nurture you ESTP child all through life.
We’ll assume that you know your personality type and that your child is ESTP…or you think they are…..here we go!!
Some Characteristics of the ESTP Child-Some Behaviors to Look For
- As babies they are moving a lot, wiggling, active, will resist being reigned in
- They love new experiences
- They can be very friendly to strangers
- The ESTP toddler makes friends
- They will ride bikes, climb, swim, run…love activity
- Your ESTP child will probably love the outside world
- The ESTP child will have their emotional moments but they tend to be calm, even tempered
- These kids have a way of logically knowing and seeing the details of activity…this yields a casualness and a easygoing style you will see
- Mom and Dad you may get tons of questions from these young ones and they have a tendency to get in your face as they ask them
- Be ready to repeat yourself
- The ESTP child does not like rules much but won’t rebel strictly due to a rule
- These kids understand action discipline more than words…not spanking necessarily just action…take it away
- They tend to be popular school agers
- They are great mimics, love facial expressions and body movements
- You may notice a relative short attention span….that will change in time but is a reality
- As the ESTP grows they need to be taught about how the other person feels
- They are very aware of their bodies
- Love their freedom and want more of it
Regardless of Your Type Mom and Dad-Here Are Some Things You Can Do to Nurture the ESTP Child and Improve Parenting Skill
- Let them wear themselves out rather than you…they have lots of energy
- Give them outlets for their energy
- Kid proof your house they will find everything
- They see the detail in the world…let them express this…if you aren’t a Sensor this may be difficult…do it anyway
- SHOW them the boundaries you have set for them…not just talk SHOW them
- Be consistent in discipline
- Try to be logical with them in word an deed
- Be ready for un-feeling comments…rephrase if back to them
- Show them how to be patient…again actions
- Explain, show if possible, the emotional consequences of some behaviors
- The ESTP thrives on hands-on learning…create those situations for them
In conclusion Mom or Dad, if you are ESTP than most of the above seemed pretty natural and may have brought back childhood memories; but, if you are not a Sensing Thinker (ST) maybe the above can better aid you as you develop you parenting skill. The ESTP is one of the more normal types in terms of distribution as 5-7% of the entire population is ESTP…..male ESTPs abound a bit more with 6-8% of American males this type and 4-5% of American females this type. (Estimation)