This is a discussion on Solutions for the worlds problems (any and all solutions accepted) within the ENTP Forum- The Visionaries forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by BusinessMan Personally I have no problem with human genetic engineering, as long as it is properly governed ...
I think we're very close to reaching a point where they'll be able to insert synthetic cells into our bodies to fight diseases right at onset. Moore's law has proven to be accurate so far, so at this rate were quite close to reaching a point where it will be possible to make hardware as large as blood cells.
Watch "Transcendent Man". It's a documentary on an inventor named Ray Kurzwell. You'll thank me. It's on netflix if you have it, otherwise I'm sure you can use your computer skills to find online somewhere.
Most of the world's problems are caused by people thinking the world has too many problems.
Brainwashing and population control would work wonders.
Yes, I am being sarcastic- I'm not actually suggesting this. However, as far as solving all the problems of the world, maybe that's as close as we're going to get.
Quick comments on your responses to my comments on your proposed amendments .
2. The use of a standard still ends up causing my problem for instance it's much better to earn 99k a year with 10% taxes rather than 110k a year with 20% in taxes. Granted you earn more money once you start to approach the 120k but to get a beneficial raise you'd have to earn a 20k raise.
3. Whats your basis for intelligent? (Also probably right about there being more intelligent individuals that are poor than are wealthy but that's also based off of one's definition of rich)
5 Instead of reallocating the money from NDS towards the science budget so that NDS is 5times more than science I propose we rework some of your amendments such as 8, 10, 11.
8: Instead of breaking up the few large news corporations and creating a large amount of government funded small news outlets (which seems a lot like 1984 to me) I propose we reallocate those intended funds to the science fund. The reasons being that a significant amount of people aren't interested in actual news they are interested in entertainment and with the advent of the internet the people that are seeking the news are capable of finding it, as well as the people seeking entertaining news.
10: The government does not own the internet nor does it own cell phone services (it might but i'm pretty certain none major) those services are owned by private companies, which means that government cannot force them to give away their product free. (that goes directly against the 5th amendment) what they can do is if they prove that they have a monopoly on a service (which a lot of cable companies do) they can force them to dissolve into smaller companies. So instead of using the money that would be required to provide these services as well as the potential judicial processes I propose that we reallocate that hypothetical money towards the science fund.
11. Advertisements are pretty much the oil of the media, they pay for certain programs that would otherwise not have the funds. They are a necessary annoyance otherwise the cable bill would be astronomical lol that or if your 12th amendment were to happen the taxes would skyrocket. We simply keep the advertisements and don't have the government pay for our entertainment and we have a huge amount of money that can be placed into the science fund. Further if people just had to buy a TV and the cable was for free than they would just earn money for the TV and have enough money to buy food and they would be set for life. People will only work if there is an incentive taking away the need to pay for utilities would bankrupt the country incredibly fast.
I look forward to your comments on my comments lol
** Sorry I'm new I don't know how to tag people in posts yet.
2. Let's bring it down to 100 dollar increments then, or even smaller, if you earn 100k a year you get 20% taxes, if you earn 100.5k a year you get 20.5% taxes on assets.
3. IQ tests, reasoning tests, basic political knowledge, (how the government is ran, difference between in the senate and the house)
5. The point of this is not to drain all the National Defense Budget and relocate it ALL to science, but to let's say make the science budget 10 times larger(, and then lower the National Defense Budget dramatically. This will fund my other amendments without increasing taxes, they would lower, for everyone except people who fell into the right 100 dollar bracket and up, taxes would increase.
8. You're proposing to have no news instead of government funded news? The point of this system is that government officials won't decide which news is funded. People will able to choose where their individual tax dollars are going. (I just noticed a giant hole in my system actually, instead of personal tax dollars getting directed, everyone's entertainment/news tax money will be put in a giant pile and split between all tax payers equally(that way since the super rich will have more money to direct they can't use that influence to control the entertainment and news industry.) This takes away the governments influence over the news, which you are worried about.
10. "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation" Since I proposed a fiber optic broadband network, the government will have to build one(there is no such network in place), also 4g coverage is not even close to nationwide, so the government could merely build their own) The government will not be seizing their property, but merely offering the same service for free to everyone.
11. If the government is funding News/Entertainment through tax dollars(the people get to decide directly, where their share goes), then there will be no need for advertisement funding. They will still have to pay for utilities, their house, their electricity, cars,(people will not stop wasting their money simply because TV is free, (not that much of their money goes towards TV, internet, and phone service), maybe $300 a month for most people. I was wrong in providing free utilities, just (TV, Internet, and Cellphone service) Furthermore, once these systems are set in place, it will not cost nearly as much to maintain, as current cooperation are charging.
The main idea of my amendments, is to fix the deficit, lower military spending, and provide internet, cell phone service, and entertainment for free. The internet needs to be protected, and companies shouldn't be able to influence it like they do the media, and TV. Also, it will dramatically decrease political corruption, and allow for better representatives to be chosen. It will halt police corruption, and rid the world of the pollution and emotional manipulation called advertisements. The purpose of making entertainment free, is to get rid of advertisements, not to make the people lazy. The new education system would set the platform, to produce an informed educated population. More emphasis will be placed on reason, and critical thinking, as if you do not possess these qualities your voice will be removed. We will no longer give power to those who are too lazy to acquire the knowledge to make good use of the power to vote. The science budget will be substantially increase, allowing for more rapid ground breaking discoveries that will increase our quality of life, and will contribute to solve looming problems, such as a global warming and the energy crisis.
Last edited by virtusoikingpin; 07-19-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: User wasn't tagged correctly