Perfectly acceptable to me.
| || |
This is a discussion on Your view on homosexuality within the ENTJ Forum - The Executives forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Perfectly acceptable to me....
Perfectly acceptable to me.
If you want to look at it from an entirely biological view, there has been evidence that homosexuality helps the gene pool. Researchers have found that some female relatives of gay men tend to have more children than average, and are generally more fertile. Multiple studies have been taken, most with consistent results: Why Gays Don
A large, non-reproductive theory is that human beings are social creatures; we are driven to bond. This is called evolutionary psychology, which wouldn't hurt you to look into. The most popular theory is probably Kin Selection, which means homosexual males, females, and infertile heterosexuals can help raise their nieces, nephews, and siblings. There are quite a few examples of Kin Selection in the natural world.
And do you truly think homosexuals are so stupid as to mix feelings of friendship with romantic/sexual love? That is easily argued; most homosexuals have platonic relationships with people of the same sex who they have no interest in sleeping with. As a man, are you attracted to every female? No, simply those who tickle your fancy. One cannot and does not choose who they are attracted to, so he/she cannot say homosexuals can.
In the end it's all about family. It's about having a loving, caring, tightly knit family... living as fucking far away from you as possible!
I've seen this before and liked it:
1) Gay marriage is not natural, and as Americans, we always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and lyposuction.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...
I only know one ENTJ, and he is gay/bi himself (he just won't realize it)
From what I've observed, he is very into human rights and equality. In other words; pro-gay.