I want to discuss the following creators/authors [whatever] of Enneagram teaching. I don't have enough knowledge/information myself and I've typically relied on what others have said on the forums as well as what I could find on the internet. Based on what I know so far, there's:
1. Claudio Naranjo
3. Fouvre's Tritypes
I've noticed some confusion in people new to the systems as to which is the most authentic/credible resource - and which is not. It's almost as though there's a Naranjo camp and then there's the Riso-Hudson camp.
Now. This is a thread for the most knowledgeable in Enneagrams to discuss/reveal how they:
1. Chose/decided/determined which is the more credible resource
2. What is your advice for newbies as to how to go about researching/reading material.
Discuss/Review/Analyse [or post resources] that shed some light on:
- Origins of all three camps
- What are strengths and weaknesses of each school of thought [I've noticed that some people quite Naranjo, others quote Riso --- but mostly people use a mish-mash of all resources - getting confused and confusing others in the process]
- What are the best steps to go about in self-typing.
- Credibility of the Tritype descriptions
- Credibility of the tritype theory in general. I've noticed that a lot of people have issues actually understanding how tritype works and therefore have a harder time applying it to themselves.
Best freely available online Descriptions of [in your view]
Steps in self-typing and analysis [or you can share your own story in self-typing and which resources you used/relied on and why].
Feel free to take any one of the above topics to discuss/review and just give an opinion about.