[ENFP] When you realise, you can't change the world :-(

When you realise, you can't change the world :-(

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Thank Tree25Thanks

This is a discussion on When you realise, you can't change the world :-( within the ENFP Forum - The Inspirers forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; Have you ever wanted to change the world? Just a little bit? Help to improove it, make it a better ...

  1. #1
    INTP - The Thinkers


    When you realise, you can't change the world :-(

    Have you ever wanted to change the world? Just a little bit? Help to improove it, make it a better place?
    I have theese dreames and hopes about changing the world and mainly sociaty as a musician, writer, or journalist, but than sometimes reality hits me and slaps me rigth into my face and I just know how unrealistic theese dreams are :-( . And it can make me feel pretty gloomy and depressed.
    Than I am also terrifed by the image of my future as working in office from 8 to 16, than go home, play with my children, make dinner and go to sleep...When I imagine I could end up like that it alsmost makes me feel anxiety. But than I realised, there is like 10% chance, that I will really do what I want and change the world, live active and meaningfull life full of traveling and new knoweladge and 90% chance I'll end up with this stupid job and children and boring life...
    I am only 19, maybe all theese things are just because of my young age, but most of girls my age dream about having wedding and family and they are not afraid of it like me :D . I just always wanted to be a part of some...revolution, or change, but is something like this comming?
    All in Twilight, StaceofBass and Azullade thanked this post.



  2. #2
    INFJ - The Protectors

    Not reality hits in your face, just the most people don't even seriously try to fulfill their dreams or just don't dream of changing the world. Many people just discourage you every day to live your own life and instead criticize your faults or tell you how you should live. Don't believe every thought you have. Like your 10%-chance thought might be wrong and just discouraging. I would guess if you seriously try theres a really good chance that you can really life an uncommon life of your choice. You can also get advice from other people about these topics or read some books (like Conscious Living: How to Create a Life of Your Own Design from Gay Hendricks).

  3. #3

    Psst, @endlessnameless

    If your future self could send you a letter, it might go something like this:

    Follow your dream. Make the world a better place. People like you are in short supply, and there is so much that needs attending to.
    Let others follow their heart's desire. Listen to your own. The world needs you.
    You will not regret your path.
    Vianna, StaceofBass and Azullade thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
  6. #5
    Unknown

    "Noone is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another." -Charles Dickens

    You can't invest too much faith in the possibility that people are willing to change. Many of them are not willing... no matter how great your help and advice may be. You have to draw a boundary for yourself. Remember that their choices are their choices. You can only do so much. You can't help those that don't want to be helped. Help those who are truly seeking the help. That is my advice. You can make the world a better place by being a blessing to those who would really want and need it :)
    nádej and Azullade thanked this post.

  7. #6
    ENFP - The Inspirers


    Always! But I actually want to improve everything and it's driving me nuts sometimes. I think we need to seek balance and prioritize. I am 32 now and I realized yesterday that I rarely experienced any fun in my life. Not in my former relationships and the goals I was aiming for.

    My question to you is why do you want to improve the world and what happens to you emotionally if you wouldn't? I feel guilt, I feel guilt all the time...and stress. Even when I crack a joke about something sexual, I already feel guilty. So if I don't improve anything, I have big problem emotionally. Nowadays I am trying to seek balance between pleasure and doing the right thing.

    I've always been on some sort of mission or quest because it felt right. But my tip to you is have fun while you're at it and don't do it because you can't deal with the confrontation of every day life. You're 19, please go explore the world and do something. It's a priceless experience. I've been there.
    Last edited by All in Twilight; 03-13-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Laeona and Vianna thanked this post.

  8. #7
    INTP - The Thinkers


    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I so love the comics :-) @All in Twilight I know what you mean by feeling the guild and stress by not following your ideals...I feel it all the time+pressure to do things better and diffrently and I have to say I try, I try hard to do things better, to be better and first of all improove myself. And yeap I try to enjoy as much fun as I can, I am really a fun loving person :-) , but I feel that some part of me is against it and yell at me to do more.
    Laeona thanked this post.

  9. #8
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    i think you're right, it is just because of your age.. i'm at a similar age and i find the same sometimes..

    part of growing up is coming to terms with these things over time, but also realising that there are realistic ways that you can change the world, they're just not as grand as you envisaged, but still just as important.
    Laeona thanked this post.

  10. #9
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    Oh my goooodddnnnessss do I ever feel this!! ALL THE TIME! Especially now, at my university, I realize how naiive I was. It makes me really sad to think how up in the clouds I was (sad only because the drop back into reality was pretty harsh, talk about a wake up call..).

    Changing the world was important for me. It still is, though now I see how truly and utterly complicated a task this is. When I was younger I used to find the beauty in everyone, but as I've grown, I've come to find (much to my dismay) that so many people are just plain jerks. As much as it pains me to say this, a lot of times, I just see the bad in people now. Oh, I don't like that at all. :(

    I used to worry about getting married and having kids and missing out on LIFE (as I define it, to be clear), but I quickly realized that this will only happen if I LET it happen. I don't want the life set out by society so I won't have it. It's a slippery slope but we gotta stay true to ourselves!!
    Laeona and Vianna thanked this post.

  11. #10

    I've given up on changing the whole world. I focus on changing others for the better. And if I have kids, being the most supportive and encouraging parent I can be, giving my children a childhood as different from mine as possible. And I think that would be enough to change the world. Yes, I'd like to make the movie that changes everyone for the better but that's probably not going to happen. If I can change a little bit, maybe the ripple effect will change a lot.
    Laeona, Vianna, Azullade and 1 others thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] If you could change the world however you wished... what would you *not* change?
    By Yomotsu Risouka in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: Yesterday, 08:27 PM
  2. [INFP] Do you want to save the world? change the world? Or just get by?
    By The odd one out in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 11:06 AM
  3. [INFP] Do you HAVE - to change the world?
    By Up and Away in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
  4. [Generation Y] How are we going to change the world?
    By CoopV in forum Generation Y Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 07:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0