Are IQ tests tilted in favor of Intuitive types - Page 14

Are IQ tests tilted in favor of Intuitive types

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 148
Thank Tree68Thanks

This is a discussion on Are IQ tests tilted in favor of Intuitive types within the Education & Career Talk forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; No Nobel Prizes though, huh. Wonder why that is....

  1. #131

    No Nobel Prizes though, huh. Wonder why that is.

  2. #132

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    No Nobel Prizes though, huh. Wonder why that is.
    Or actually responding to the actual argument without resorting to snide insults. Plus I don't think much data on the average IQ of Nobel Prize winners.

  3. #133

    IQ is intuition, right? Your ability to find patterns/meanings

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #134

    Quote Originally Posted by Endologic View Post
    It's crack.

    5-8 is impossible.
    I could not understand your comment about 5-8 (Are you talking about switching Te with Fi Or the extroverts section ?)
    My point was was about INTP's using Ti and Ni compared to Ti and Ne or Te with Ni or Te with Ne.I think it makes sense because its more like 1's complement .There is only intuition and if we use Ne consciously the remainder is Ni which is Unconscious.Same thing goes with Thinking and other functions too.I think Jung's analysis of dreams was important.INTPs do use Ti and Ni,It is only that they dont value Ni even though they might be good at it.
    If you can spare few minutes look into the link
    INFPs & INTPs: Ni in the id – Leon Tsao

    I dont agree completely with the video but it sure has some valid points.
    Question of the Day: INTJ or INTP? - Personality Type in Depth
    ae1905 thanked this post.

  6. #135

    I haven't read through the thread, but most IQ tests that I've seen have those objects in them which one has to rotate in their mind to figure out which of the answers is the same object pictured rotated. I would think that would be an S thing.

  7. #136

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangam swadik View Post
    I could not understand your comment about 5-8 (Are you talking about switching Te with Fi Or the extroverts section ?)
    My point was was about INTP's using Ti and Ni
    INTPs have no Ni.

  8. #137

    Nothing good ever seems to come out of linking IQ or intelligence to type :/
    Gossip Goat thanked this post.

  9. #138

    Quote Originally Posted by IDontThinkSo View Post
    For adults, life is the test. If you can solve what no one solves, if you can invent what no one invents, you're smart. Or else you're average. And if you think you're smart despite not achieving any creative greatness, you're most likely below average.
    That sentiment would look cute on an motivational gym rat meme on Facebook, but it's not true. "Smart" is a measure of potential and "success" is a measure of outcome. Judging potential by outcome is some Forbes-level autism.

    Here's a basic example:
    Imagine a simple world in which there's a risky path which has a 90% chance of homelessness and total failure and a 10% chance of wild success. There is also an alternate path with a 100% chance of mild success.
    Idiots would pick the risky path, and 90% of them would fail and be at the bottom of society while the rest would achieve wild success and be at the top of society.
    Smart people would pick the mild path and appear mediocre by comparison to the lucky idiots.
    In this society, 100% of the wildly successful people would be idiots.

    This example is not meant to be an analogy for the real world. It's just meant to demonstrate that outcome is not a good measure of potential.

  10. #139

    .
    Last edited by ae1905; 04-19-2017 at 12:34 PM.

  11. #140

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Scioli View Post
    That sentiment would look cute on an motivational gym rat meme on Facebook, but it's not true. "Smart" is a measure of potential and "success" is a measure of outcome. Judging potential by outcome is some Forbes-level autism.

    Here's a basic example:
    Imagine a simple world in which there's a risky path which has a 90% chance of homelessness and total failure and a 10% chance of wild success. There is also an alternate path with a 100% chance of mild success.
    Idiots would pick the risky path, and 90% of them would fail and be at the bottom of society while the rest would achieve wild success and be at the top of society.
    Smart people would pick the mild path and appear mediocre by comparison to the lucky idiots.
    In this society, 100% of the wildly successful people would be idiots.

    This example is not meant to be an analogy for the real world. It's just meant to demonstrate that outcome is not a good measure of potential.
    I am not confusing social and intellectual success.

    Intelligence isn't made of social recognition. Yet it is the ability to understand a problem, which develops itself BY understanding it. Performing better at that task IS being smarter, so superior results are necessary and unavoidable. Though they might not be socially recognized. But still unavoidable : Those who don't get exceptional results aren't "wasted geniuses". Potential is what we end up achieving. Anything else is wishful thinking. I can't say, I have a voice, Pavarotti has a voice, so I am a wasted Pavarotti. I have atoms, stars have atoms, so I'm a wasted star. I can't solve complex issues and invent new solutions, Da Vinci could solve complex issues and invent new solutions, so I'm a wasted Da Vinci. No, that's what I am not, then.


     
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Noob here. Taken a lot of tests, could be any intuitive type, please help
    By galaxysword in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2017, 09:35 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2015, 06:25 AM
  3. Do Sensing Types Think That All Intuitive Types Need to Be Spazzy???
    By sierranoelpratt in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 03:08 PM
  4. [INTP] Fellow intuitive types
    By QuestofOrigin in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 09:59 AM
  5. [INFP] What Other Types Did You Get On Tests?
    By ForsakenMe in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0