why do people still believe what trump says?

why do people still believe what trump says?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 235
Thank Tree368Thanks

This is a discussion on why do people still believe what trump says? within the Critical Thinking & Philosophy forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; this is trump's file on politifact, the site that keeps scrore of the veracity of politicians' utterances: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ Donald Trump's ...

  1. #1

    why do people still believe what trump says?

    this is trump's file on politifact, the site that keeps scrore of the veracity of politicians' utterances:

    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

    Donald Trump's file

    Republican from New York

    Donald Trump was elected the 45th president of the United States on Nov. 8, 2016. He has been a real estate developer, entrepreneur and host of the NBC reality show, "The Apprentice." Trump's statements were awarded PolitiFact's 2015 Lie of the Year. Born and raised in New York City, Trump is married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Trump has five children and eight grandchildren. Three of his children, Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric, serve as executive vice presidents of the Trump Organization.

    The PolitiFact scorecard




    so only 4% of trump's statements have been rated as being unambiguously true...50% of his statements, otoh, have been rated as unambiguously false...together with the 20% that have been rated "mostly false", we see that 70% of his statements have had little or no truth value

    now, irl, who would continue belieiving someone he knew was wrong 70% of the time?...even if such a person was right 4% of the time (or 16% if we add the 12% he is "mostly right"), who would regard the continuous effort required to find the small signal in the yuuuuge noise worth the trouble?...wouldn't most people just decide this person was not a reliable source of information and stop listening altogether?

    so why do people continue believing trump when they know three out of four statements he makes are false?

    whatever happened to that old saw, "fool me once and shame on you; but fool me twice (or hundreds of times in trump's case) and shame on me"?

    where is america's shame?
    Last edited by ae1905; 02-17-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Paulie, charlie.elliot, Passacaglia and 3 others thanked this post.



  2. #2

    I'm not even sure why people liked/ believed him in the first place, so I definitely cannot explain... However, I can see why people who voted for him would want to keep supporting him/ defending him, because they don't want to admit that they were wrong.

    His approval ratings are dropping, though, from what I've heard...

  3. #3

    I don't need statistics to know that Trump is batshit crazy. He is so out of touch with reality that nothing he says comes as a surprise. I expect great things from Trump... I honestly do. I think we'll be amazed at how great of a cock-up his presidency turns out to be, and how he managed to make America even less great than it already is.
    ae1905 thanked this post.

  4. #4




    what is it about trump supporters that makes it more likely they will click on fake news?

  5. #5

    Lmao, Trump is doing exactly what people voted him in for. They faked Hillary's statistics, and guess what Trump won.


    If Trump fucks up we won't vote for him again.
    Coburn, flamesabers, series0 and 7 others thanked this post.

  6. #6

    You need to stop getting your information from the fakestream media and start doing a serious vetting of who owns the media sources you quote. When you look behind the curtains, you begin to understand why so many people are still anti-Trump when all his actions so far are directed at preserving peace and bringing liquidity back to America by reintroducing the means for them to earn a real income, free from income tax! It's the people who still have damaged cognitive maps that are committed to undermining the very thing that will save them. Look at birth rates in America, look at real income, look at home ownership and living standards! All have been falling since the globalists took control of our government at the expense of the people's power. Centralized control is anathema to anyone who believes in freedom. There is no one more interested in returning freedom from government oppression than Trump and that is why the main, fakestream media is continually attacking Trump. Ironically, the uninformed continue to be manipulated against their best interests. You need to start listening, really listening to alternative media and then go through the painful process of fixing your cognitive dissonance. There are numerous historical examples of what happens when power is increasingly centralized. There is a real reason why kings and emperors are feared by anyone with any sense. We still have them but now they're hidden and don't wear crowns in public. Trump is the closest thing to the spirit of the returning christ we have seen since. Like christ, he is willing to overturn the tables of the money changers but he needs people like you to get wise about why this is necessary.
    Kuja, Dalien, Euclid and 2 others thanked this post.

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyRivers View Post
    Lmao, Trump is doing exactly what people voted him in for. They faked Hillary's statistics, and guess what Trump won.


    If Trump fucks up we won't vote for him again.
    why did you believe trump would keep his promises when he is wrong 70% of the time?...you dismiss clinton as unreliable, yet she is wrong "only" 26% of the time

    http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/
    Last edited by ae1905; 02-18-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    Paulie and MsBossyPants thanked this post.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by jomama2458 View Post
    You need to stop getting your information from the fakestream media and start doing a serious vetting of who owns the media sources you quote. When you look behind the curtains, you begin to understand why so many people are still anti-Trump when all his actions so far are directed at preserving peace and bringing liquidity back to America by reintroducing the means for them to earn a real income, free from income tax! It's the people who still have damaged cognitive maps that are committed to undermining the very thing that will save them. Look at birth rates in America, look at real income, look at home ownership and living standards! All have been falling since the globalists took control of our government at the expense of the people's power. Centralized control is anathema to anyone who believes in freedom. There is no one more interested in returning freedom from government oppression than Trump and that is why the main, fakestream media is continually attacking Trump. Ironically, the uninformed continue to be manipulated against their best interests. You need to start listening, really listening to alternative media and then go through the painful process of fixing your cognitive dissonance. There are numerous historical examples of what happens when power is increasingly centralized. There is a real reason why kings and emperors are feared by anyone with any sense. We still have them but now they're hidden and don't wear crowns in public. Trump is the closest thing to the spirit of the returning christ we have seen since. Like christ, he is willing to overturn the tables of the money changers but he needs people like you to get wise about why this is necessary.
    msm companies are businesses whose primary motive is to make money...to do this they need to attract eyeballs...to do that they need to report stories that capture people's attention...stories that capture people's attention are not always the most newsworthy...it's in this sense that msm can give a misleading impression of what is important...what msm doesn't do, however, is knowingly report lies (fake news)...that would undermine their credibility, and without credibility they would lose their viewership and go out of business

    so msm misleads by what they choose to report...what they report, however, usually meets accepted standards of journalism and can be relied upon to be factually true
    Paulie, reptilian, johnson.han.3 and 1 others thanked this post.

  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by ae1905 View Post
    why did you believe trump would keep his promises when he is wrong 70% of the time?...you dismiss clinton as unreliable, yet she is wrong "only" 26% of the time

    Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact
    They wanted Trump to repeal Obamacare and he's already started doing that. They wanted Trump to remove illegals, he's trying to do that.

    That's all they wanted in they end, and they are getting it.
    Dalien, Wiz, Saint Savage and 1 others thanked this post.

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyRivers View Post
    They wanted Trump to repeal Obamacare and he's already started doing that. They wanted Trump to remove illegals, he's trying to do that.

    That's all they wanted in they end, and they are getting it.
    I didn't ask you about what trump is doing, I asked you about what he said he would do during the campaign...why did people believe trump when 70% of what he said was false?...I mean, the reason people usually cite for not trusting politicians is "they don't tell the truth"....trump is worse than typical politicians, yet the same people who complain voted for him

    why?
    Last edited by ae1905; 02-18-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Paulie and IdealisticTendencies thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0