Diary Entry #12 The Whipperwill's Song
by, 07-04-2012 at 12:27 AM (150 Views)
So, I did some soul searching last night, and did a tarot reading. I'll post what I put in my paper journal below. The reading was on me getting a different job, and how it may be that I could get there. I did receive some very nice help today in regards to this, and I will post that below as well.
This will be the "Acorn to Oak" spread on the Mystic Faerie Tarot.
1. Acorn: Where I am now.~ I believe that I am at a loss right now...kind of feeling like the 9 or 10 of Swords.
2. Soil: What resources I need to get started ~Judgment Reversed ~ I need to look carefully at all the possibilities that are before me. There is soething that I should be doing that would benefit me spiritually and would be for the good of the universe, and would help me to be more fulfilled. There has to be a death of something, before I can change positively.
3. Sunshine: What I need to know to help it grow: Five of Swords Reversed: I need to consider every angle, ask questions, and gather information about the opportunities that I have in my life right now.
4. Water: What I need to do to nurture it along: Ace of Pentacles Reversed: Use my skills to make the most of my opportunity. Use all the abilities that I have, once I figure out what the opportunities are.
5 Knot: What unexpected delay I can plan for and maybe circumvent: Nine of Pentacles Reversed: Complacency, not following through to the end, settling before you have what you want. Working hard for a time, and then resting for the rest of the time, and not progressing forward.
6. Trunk: What will help me be strong in this endeavor: Seven of Cups: My heart will keep me strong, and being sure of what I want in the end.
7. Your Oak: Goal: I believe that my goal was represented the most by the 9 of pentacles...showing happiness and wealth...or perhaps the Sun card.
8: Branches: Benefits of the oak: Queen of Swords: Perhaps I would become like the Queen of Swords...strong, smart, able to help people, great wit, and a fount of wisdom and advice, though I may be cold and distant at times, because I had weathered hardships.
9: Leaves: Unexpected gifts from the oak: Three of Pentacles~ Experiencing pleasure in my work...creating useful and joyful things in my life. Liking what I do, and working slowly, thoroughly, and carefully for a change, instead of so quickly that the quality of the work is put to the wayside.
So, basically, it's telling me the same things that Feelings said to me in a comment on my last blog post (number 11)to gather information, use my skills in order to process the information about the opportunities that I have in my life, not become complacent, so that I can be happy, value my work for once, and become the person that I am inside. This should all be obvious, but I've forgotten how much tarot can actually bring what is going on in your life to the forefront, as if it is a mirror to what you're doing.
On another note, I have noticed that I do something that contributes to my stress while I'm at work. I definitely don't breathe properly. All of the breathing is done up in the top of my chest, and I don't take deep breaths at all. Mostly shallow little ones. No wonder I get so stressed out. XD I just noticed that today....and I started kind of focusing on it while I was working so that I could relax my body.
But, yes, I actually do feel motivated to make change now. Especially in the way that my inner voice goes on inside of my head. I know it is an INFJ thing to be very critical and hard on yourself, but it seems like it can get to a point when it no longer motivates you. I'm going to try to change just how critical that voice is, and allow my inner self to not be scolded so much by the "voice within."
Let's try some positive reinforcement for a change!