The Tide of Humanity - Page 3

The Tide of Humanity

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117
Thank Tree188Thanks

This is a discussion on The Tide of Humanity within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; People become crowds because they haven't became individuals. Individuals form groups that are connected by relationships and goals, not crowds ...

  1. #21

    People become crowds because they haven't became individuals. Individuals form groups that are connected by relationships and goals, not crowds that break on rocks like waves.

    People don't want to get inconvinienced because they don't realize what they are missing. Revolutions don't come when the elite goes beyond the "bread and circus" thresshold, simply because there is no such thresshold. People have this uncunny ability to lower their expecations about themselves and life until there's nothing left in them. Look at North Corea, at the USSR, and your local prison.

    No, a revolution takes place when someone makes them realize what they're missing. When they see this obvious, yet at the same time elusive fact: There is more than this. We are more than what we think we are. We are capable of more.

  2. #22

    People are chasing the wrong goals, that is why. Big American corporate stops individuals from realising their own potentials. Then there are is a lack of resources across the different areas of the country. People think that they are feeding themselves, when the food that they eat is not even REAL. As in, they are artificially manufactured, than they are grown organically from a farm. How can you change this kind of mindset ??? People judge one another and criticise one another than to help one another change their own perception. People also stereotype themselves and pigeon-hole themselves rather than strive for the betterment of themselves and others too. If you are an INTJ, than you are an INTJ, and then you can only do INTJ things. Bollocks ! You were born in this world to achieve your own potential, and not to be given carte blanche rights by your government. Stretch yourself, strive and do NF jobs so that you know what it is like. Grow some appreciation for yourself, and for others.



    Do not drug your youngsters... Cos they were born with a brain, and to individualise, you need to do it on your own, and not by the help of your government and dictated by theories, and so forth. Trial and error create's one's appreciation for life. Put an INTJ into an NF job, so that when they find an NT, they will appreciate it so much more. Put an NF into an NT job in banking and allow them to see and appreciate those who can do better than themselves. Mixing this up allow collaborations and appreciations of Life, of others. Not this complacency business.

    I like to see NT write musics from their own heart and from their own inner Fi... especially when they realise the unfairness of the "system" when they do charity works. Or to appreciate and hate on what can be done so much better to better the masses.

    I want to see more small businesses and not many monopolised corporates which makes "corporate america" so big. I want to see more choices, given to individuals. I want to see a better supply-chain, decided by individuals themselves, and not by a single person working on marketing analysis using computation. If they cannot think and compute it with their brains, then do not use computing analysis to make something work, but in reality it creates wealth disparity... and does not "help people", even if the person thinks that it does by putting together the supply-chain a certain way. People's opportunities are basically dictated by corporate profits....

    This is one of the reason why in Europe, there is a monopoly law in any kind of industry. So that it still allow individuals to strive, with a purposes to be better. Not necessarily to remove and empty a section of a geographical area from its economy.

    There shouldn't also be inflated monetary values. I mean, how can Bill Gate be a billionaire in this century? What exactly did he do with his hands to earn that money? Tell me.. Please someone explain this to me. Exactly where does his wealth comes from? What did HE physically do ?

  3. #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    The difficulty is getting enough people together to agree on those list of demands etc. Traditionally that was achieved through ideology and a charismatic leader, but ideology is becoming increasingly polarised. Remember that the civil rights movements were several hundred years in the making and still has a long way to go.

    My question is, what do you think it would take for people to get up and take notice? Take notice that their own actions aren't leading to the world they imagine. Take notice that their own actions are harming the things they care about? Take notice that they need to re-imagine their life if they want to be true to their heart and values.
    Also, everyone wants to be the leader.
    We had a one-term gov a while back. He had a bunch of new college grads who ran a good campaign, and the other two candidates were simply not electable . Well, the gov moved that campaign team in with him. I was at a lecture where 3 of them were guest speakers - came in wearing jeans, scuffed snealers slouched in their chairs, -the gov was not mention but once -"we dress this way at work because Charley {the gov: not his name, however) does. We we we we we -" a couple f weeks they were no longer anything but out. Strutting and posturing gets attention, but post election there was real work to do, coalitions to build, people to please. Politics to play.

  4. #24

    Perhaps this is a norm on this forum. I am new here and so I wouldn't really know. But does anyone else find this level of hatred towards people, this level of disgust and repulsion and condescension unnerving, even frightening? I know I am a "bleeding-heart liberal" and I did notice trends in the personality's responding affirmatively to this post, yet I can't help but wonder if I am alone in a mild degree of shock by such a low, seething view of humanity and the general populace, particularly as though the only kind of good person is one with revolutionary ideas and big-picture desires for change. This seems almost Nazi-ishly narrow in its view of what is good and who is worth living or anything for that matter. Perhaps I misread it? Or am I not alone here?

    On a personal note, I would appreciate knowing from the author, if he has the time to answer, if he is a person who remotely experiences joy or satisfaction, or if this is even a low-level goal for him. Reding this, one of my own thoughts was, "I would struggle so much to stay alive if I viewed the world this way. The weight of such negativity would crush me. But I know I have great weaknesses as a person and perhaps there are some who find fulfillment not in peace with others or joy in life but in a shrewd, sharp, even terrible assessment of the state of things. If this is too personal of a question, I totally get it--just seeking to understand.

  5. #25

    Try going to Spain or Itally or most of the latin American countries for a year or so. THEN tell me about American work ethic. Instead, I find us moving towards working more, and harder, and later. I almost never watch TV, and I'm 100% American. I almost am never "inert". In fact, I've done homework all day long, spending only a bit of time at an Entrepreneurship group and an hour or two reading. Hell, and I'm a P. If you really want to see a hard working America, go to New York. The people up there are just dying to put a stick up their asses and work harder and longer and make more money and move faster and etc, etc.

    I'm sorry if this post comes off as a bit abrasive, but I feel stuck here in this neurotic rat race and don't really like people telling me I'm not working hard enough. (Also something I've heard before).

    And as another commenter already said, "electric feel" kind of sucks. I love MGMT but that is one of my least favorite songs by them. Never felt like it had any heart.
    ParetoCaretheStare, Mercutio, TomR and 1 others thanked this post.

  6. #26

    Quote Originally Posted by EmpathNFP View Post
    Perhaps this is a norm on this forum. I am new here and so I wouldn't really know. But does anyone else find this level of hatred towards people, this level of disgust and repulsion and condescension unnerving, even frightening? I know I am a "bleeding-heart liberal" and I did notice trends in the personality's responding affirmatively to this post, yet I can't help but wonder if I am alone in a mild degree of shock by such a low, seething view of humanity and the general populace, particularly as though the only kind of good person is one with revolutionary ideas and big-picture desires for change. This seems almost Nazi-ishly narrow in its view of what is good and who is worth living or anything for that matter. Perhaps I misread it? Or am I not alone here?

    On a personal note, I would appreciate knowing from the author, if he has the time to answer, if he is a person who remotely experiences joy or satisfaction, or if this is even a low-level goal for him. Reding this, one of my own thoughts was, "I would struggle so much to stay alive if I viewed the world this way. The weight of such negativity would crush me. But I know I have great weaknesses as a person and perhaps there are some who find fulfillment not in peace with others or joy in life but in a shrewd, sharp, even terrible assessment of the state of things. If this is too personal of a question, I totally get it--just seeking to understand.
    Your reaction puzzles me, and somehow I don't think that untangling your non-understanding is a doable task.

    Seriously, wat.

  7. #27

    I think it can be a big challenge for ISTP's and ENFP's to understand each other, you're certainly right there. But if you don't particularly want to spend the energy to understand or, as you seem to state, simply think 'untangling' my 'non-understanding' is impossible, then that simplifies our "conversation" quite a bit. =)

  8. #28

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWave View Post
    I hate people (the collective) I despise them with a passion. I hate looking at them. I hate smelling them. I hate being around them. They’re loud. They’re moronic. They make -no sense- nonesofuckingever. They’re hideous in every single conceivable way and if I never dealt with them again, that would be just peachy fucking keen.


    But at the same time I love persons (the singular/individuals). Individuals one-on-one are different entities than that monster People. But I know, much to my own frustration, that they’re two sides of the same thing. Individuals and People have a push-pull effect on one another. Individuals spur on the development of People, and People provide solidarity for the Individual.

    These specific individuals are the generators of ideas. Most people aren’t these people, most make-up what I call “the tide of humanity” a big mass that just sloshes from one prevailing notion to the other.

    These rare people are world’s artists, scientists, philosophers, poets, authors, and musicians. Ideas are powerful and therefore so too are those who craft them. They have the ability to alter that malleable, Matrix-like, complex system known as culture. Those in the seat of power have always known this. This is why throughout history they have either recruited the generators of ideas to their cause, or eliminated them.
    Very interesting twist. How would you distinguish between the dirty collectivists and these individuals who control "the tide of humanity"?

    But the other special part about the Individual-People relationship, is that the Individual will not allow People to be oppressed forever. Basically, someone always comes along who has the clarity of vision and the tenacity to push on the status quo. Someone who’s going to turn it off, tune it out, and get their shit in gear. These individuals have yet to step forth from the tide of humanity on these issues, but I am confident that they’re out there.
    Right, so you've established that oppression leads to rebellion but how and why do you believe that America is turning into a police state? My experience seems to be quite the opposite but your argument is rather curious.

  9. #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Streetlight View Post
    Try going to Spain or Itally or most of the latin American countries for a year or so. THEN tell me about American work ethic. Instead, I find us moving towards working more, and harder, and later. I almost never watch TV, and I'm 100% American. I almost am never "inert". In fact, I've done homework all day long, spending only a bit of time at an Entrepreneurship group and an hour or two reading. Hell, and I'm a P. If you really want to see a hard working America, go to New York. The people up there are just dying to put a stick up their asses and work harder and longer and make more money and move faster and etc, etc.

    I'm sorry if this post comes off as a bit abrasive, but I feel stuck here in this neurotic rat race and don't really like people telling me I'm not working hard enough. (Also something I've heard before).
    This. I am definitely the minority of American citizens in just the fact that I only watch at most a few hours of TV a WEEK, not to mention balancing various AP classes (psychology included), learning to play the violin, and being a multi-sport athlete.

    The statement above is not to boast, as I'm sure many others have far more complex schedules and lifestyles than I, but I believe I am already making a good start as a teenager that will carry into my future and ensure that I will not become one of the ethic deprived masses.

    So I suppose I agree with the original poster on this placing of value on individuals (though I think hating the "commoners" is a bit much--contempt is a bit more practical).

    However, I suggest reserving judgement until you know those you spite a little better, as I'm sure I seem like a simple narcissistic inclined prankster to strangers.
    Tainted Streetlight thanked this post.

  10. #30

    Quote Originally Posted by OldManRivers View Post
    Also, everyone wants to be the leader.
    We had a one-term gov a while back. He had a bunch of new college grads who ran a good campaign, and the other two candidates were simply not electable . Well, the gov moved that campaign team in with him. I was at a lecture where 3 of them were guest speakers - came in wearing jeans, scuffed snealers slouched in their chairs, -the gov was not mention but once -"we dress this way at work because Charley {the gov: not his name, however) does. We we we we we -" a couple f weeks they were no longer anything but out. Strutting and posturing gets attention, but post election there was real work to do, coalitions to build, people to please. Politics to play.
    one term government? what do you mean? the fact that a bunch of people got voted out of office in the senate and the house? I know that bot presidents (obama and bush) have had 2 term elections and obama has not changed a thing from the bush administration.



    On another note, voting for both parties is like saying "I like the puppet on the left" and someone else saying "well I like the puppet on the right" and then you figure out both puppets are controlled by one person. the politics and power of this country is out of control and noone (by noone means noone takes action...peacefully of coarse C.I.A. XD) is even paying attention or just has given up or maybe, of all the worst things, just doesn't care. We are dealing with a vampire, it wants to have war to suck the life out of who have died turning lives into money. I don't know where my rant is going at this point but what's going on is absolutely ridiculous.


     
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] Natural Killers —Turning the Tide of Battle
    By asewland in forum ESTP Forum - The Doers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 09:43 PM
  2. [INFP] Humanity
    By lothweneriniel in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 04:19 PM
  3. Map of Humanity
    By Marino in forum Critical Thinking & Philosophy
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 09:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0