"The Five Love Languages" Explained - Page 45

"The Five Love Languages" Explained

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45
Results 441 to 449 of 449
Thank Tree541Thanks

This is a discussion on "The Five Love Languages" Explained within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; Originally Posted by Gingersnaps24 Really helpful! I'm an ENTP and I'm definitely a "Quality Time" person. I wonder if some ...

  1. #441

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnaps24 View Post
    Really helpful! I'm an ENTP and I'm definitely a "Quality Time" person. I wonder if some personalities are more inclined toward one love language or another.
    I found a graph for this.
    https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...languages.html


  2. #442

    Now that I think about it...

    Me: Most likely INTP, acts of service > quality time > physical touch > gifts > words of affirmation

    My mom: Most likely INTJ, physical touch = words of affirmation > quality time > acts of service = gifts

    Explains why my mom doesn't always feel loved by me.

  3. #443

    Can love languages change after a terribly abusive relationship?

    Well, at first my love languages were Physical Touch and Quality Time but after dating my Narcissistic ex-it changed to Words of Affirmation and Quality Time. Funny how he shared the same love language of my former...he rarely touched me. lol

    I will say finding a partner whose not only romantically compatible with you---and shares the same love language is helpful...I think my Words of Affirmation, PT and QT were pretty close to each other though...

    Words of Affirmation tend to be my number one moment until I am fully healed.

    Anyone, have a similar experience?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #444

    I don't think most people take the test correctly. The correct result comes only if you're imagining getting the things you want to get (words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, whatever) from someone you're attracted to right now in your real life but haven't started dating them yet. All other situations bias the real result.
    Quality time and acts of service? Yeah, right. That's the hypothetical thing one would want from a hypothetical person they love... but in real life with a real person - that is if you have a real person - you imagine the situations and you choose words of affirmation or physical touch. If you have to imagine that you like someone, you can't really imagine the emotions, so your answer is biased at best. 'Quality time sounds good, let's choose that, what do I care about physical touch'... Wrong!

  6. #445

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    I don't think most people take the test correctly. The correct result comes only if you're imagining getting the things you want to get (words of affirmation, quality time, gifts, whatever) from someone you're attracted to right now in your real life but haven't started dating them yet. All other situations bias the real result.
    Quality time and acts of service? Yeah, right. That's the hypothetical thing one would want from a hypothetical person they love... but in real life with a real person - that is if you have a real person - you imagine the situations and you choose words of affirmation or physical touch. If you have to imagine that you like someone, you can't really imagine the emotions, so your answer is biased at best. 'Quality time sounds good, let's choose that, what do I care about physical touch'... Wrong!
    The point of this test is that not everyone speaks the same love languages. Some people are averse to physical touch and would rather just spend time with someone without cuddling them or anything, for example. As for myself, "I love you" means nothing to me unless it's backed up by actions (any of the other 4 love languages). If words of affirmation and physical touch bring you the most positive emotions, that's great, but there are people who would take the other love languages over either of those.

  7. #446

    Quote Originally Posted by OP View Post
    As for myself, "I love you" means nothing to me unless it's backed up by actions (any of the other 4 love languages). If words of affirmation and physical touch bring you the most positive emotions, that's great, but there are people who would take the other love languages over either of those.
    So when you see a hot guy/girl you're very attracted to and start spending time together, see them often, you have fun and like each other a lot... you'd rather have them pick up your clothes from the dry-cleaner's than tell you how much they appreciate you and how they think about you all the time, and touch your hips while sitting very close to you on a bench in the park?

    I find that hard to believe but people are different.

    My point stands. Find a girl/guy you like and want to start dating, and we'll talk again about what you want from them.

  8. #447

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    So when you see a hot guy/girl you're very attracted to and start spending time together, see them often, you have fun and like each other a lot... you'd rather have them pick up your clothes from the dry-cleaner's than tell you how much they appreciate you and how they think about you all the time, and touch your hips while sitting very close to you on a bench in the park?

    I find that hard to believe but people are different.

    My point stands. Find a girl/guy you like and want to start dating, and we'll talk again about what you want from them.
    Why not? I normally prefer to do things for myself when I can, but when I'm busy with a school assignment that takes up a significant amount of time, I'd really appreciate it if someone made sure I had clean clothes or something to eat. They can't fake that, and I'd do the same for them too.

    I'll admit that I've pretended to have missed people hundreds of times because... it's rude to say no when someone asks if you missed them when they were gone, right?

    Also, I don't mind hugs, but I'm very uncomfortable with PDA, so I'd rather my partner keep the hip touching to a minimum at the park if there's anyone around.

    My point is that there's no wrong way to feel loved. If I'm aware that my partner shows love through something that I don't normally associate with love, it's my responsibility to understand that and find a good compromise ("I know you're doing this out of love, but could you please wait until we're home?" or my partner might tell me after they've had a bad day "Say you love me. Please. I need to hear that. I don't feel like being hugged right now") if I want the relationship to work.
    Last edited by OP; 04-08-2017 at 04:04 PM.

  9. #448

    Why not? Cause it's unrealistic. I, too, like it when someone does something for me, but there's a difference between liking something and having something make you feel genuinely loved.

  10. #449

    Thanks for this post! I haven't heard of these love languages before but I am sure they can be very helpful in improving the quality of everyone's relationships!


     
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-21-2017, 05:28 AM
  2. INFs's do you believe in "soulmates" ? and "true love" ?
    By Alitta88 in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 10-20-2016, 02:28 AM
  3. [INTP] "Love Languages" - Dr. Chapman
    By yitznewton in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 05:33 PM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 06:40 AM
  5. [INTJ] "Love Languages" and the INTJ
    By NaughyChimp in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0