Things to consider when typing yourself. - Page 3

Things to consider when typing yourself.

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101
Thank Tree256Thanks

This is a discussion on Things to consider when typing yourself. within the Articles forums, part of the Announcements category; Originally Posted by Ludi I see!, they are plausible reasons. I have permission to question other people's types, I hope? ...

  1. #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludi View Post
    I see!, they are plausible reasons.

    I have permission to question other people's types, I hope? :-) So...

    Have you ever taken this one test?

    Big Five Personality Test

    Would you mind posting your results?...
    Ludi, my issue is that you are doing it in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
    If you think she's mistyped, do what normal people do and send her a private message.
    MilkyWay132, slyspy, HamsterSamurai and 2 others thanked this post.

  2. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Acerbusvenator View Post
    Ludi, my issue is that you are doing it in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
    If you think she's mistyped, do what normal people do and send her a private message.

    Oh! So P.M. works here? I thought it would bothersome to others...

  3. #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Acerbusvenator View Post
    Ludi, my issue is that you are doing it in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
    If you think she's mistyped, do what normal people do and send her a private message.
    Why are you being so hostile towards Ludi? He's learning by understanding her path to understanding... Her answers to his questions helped me as well.
    Jackdaw, LaBelleVie, chickydoda and 20 others thanked this post.

  4. #24

    To go back on topic.
    Really nicely made guide :)
    If people use it then they might actually be able to type themselves :P
    HamsterSamurai thanked this post.

  5. #25

    -forewarning-
    PLEASE DONT BAN ME FOR DISAGREEING

    INJ (se): "...such a brutal, sensate landscape. why do people settle for animalistic immediacy? I'm not an animal, that's for sure. I'll conceive my own reality, on my own terms."
    ITP (fe): "...people are so easily manipulated and shallow. I can see how things really work, I couldn't possibly play along. Isn't anyone able to think for themselves?"
    IFP (te): "...individuals are so divided and discouraged, for such horrid impersonal reasons. I pay attention to how people feel, and that's more important than anything."
    ISJ (ne): "...such chaos and nonsense, it would all self-destruct if it wasn't for those of us keeping check of things. Do people really want things to fall apart?"


    EFJ (ti): "...cold, hard logic doesn't go anywhere toward helping people. where would we be without each other? why risk breaking that neccessary bond?"
    ETJ (fi) "...people are so unwilling to take charge, too afraid of stepping on someone else's toes just to get something done. I get things done, I have the balls to see how life really works."
    ENP (si) "...immobility never lasts, the earth never sits still. If you just sit in one place, how could you possibly go anywhere?"


    ESP (ni) "...trying to repress your own instincts only serves to heighten them. why are people so frightened of what's right in front of their nose?"
    i find that people who are comfortable with, and have been forced to use their inferior functions may not agree with the above. personally, i agree with the ETJ quote especially since i adore Te. My Fi manifests itself through evaluating how realistic emotional responses are. So I get especially annoyed at soap operas with ridiculous relationship dynamics. I find that IFP would be more annoyed at how people do not consider ALL the variables or mitigating circumstances behind human actions/feelings.
    Aelthwyn, Boolean11 and Ambivalent thanked this post.

  6. #26

    we should try to get this stickied.
    Judas thanked this post.

  7. #27

    @Wakachi :

    That's a very good guide. It should be a great help for anyone concerned about accurately typing themselves
    Acerbusvenator and Wakachi thanked this post.

  8. #28

    B) You're not likely an "N"

    Everyone theorizes, generalizes or have some idea of how the world works. And most importantly, understanding is pertinent in terms of every learning style. The next time you put in "I prefer theorizing" even though you're secretly uncertain if you're really an ENTP, consider putting more details or context. People will sniff you out regardless of what you write.


    Technically everyone has at least some ability to think abstractly and notice that there's an underline in this word (and not the other one).
    C) Imagination is an universal survival skill

    Everyone uses their imagination at some point or daydreams ideals. You need to be more specific about how you go about your glorious "imagination" and also, you are not likely to be scouted for Pixar.
    K) "I'm not traditional"

    Have you considered what the term "traditional" really means?
    Did you just pulled out a dictionary and stopped thinking after you read the dictionary definition or go, "did you think I'm idiot to not know what the term means?"


    Then you're probably not an N. No offense or taunt bait intended.
    So...I take it you feel that a lot of people have mis-typed themselves as iNtuitives when they are actually Sensors due to not understanding questions on the test or applying the questions to scenarios too specifically.

    That was just the impression I got. However, I must agree in the fact that people can misunderstand the questions, and thus mistype themselves.

    C) I can see your angle on this. My younger sister is an ESFP, and she seems to have a fairly active imagination. However, you also neglected to mention that while everyone imagines or has some kind of fantasy/day-dream, everyone also has to live "in the real world" from time to time. Most of the information guides I've read have said that iNtuitives are more likely to have a well-developed "Sensor" side than "Sensors" are to have a well-developed "iNtuitive" side, because of how important "Sensing" is to our culture and society. That's one of the many reasons why it can be difficult to separate an "iNtuitive" from a "Sensor."

    K) Uh, I actually didn't understand what you were saying here about whether or not you know what "Traditional" means and comparing it to whether or not you're an "N" type. You're probably not an "N" type if you do know what it means, or if you don't know what it means?
    Assuming it's alright to be a little straight-forward here, are you sure it's wise to hinge an entire personality (the "S" and the "N" changes quite a bit in the personality profile) on a detail such as whether or not a person understands a word? You forget that even the strongest of iNtuitives live in a world dominated by Sensors. As for myself, I'm pretty well surrounded by Si and Se doms; I'd never be able to survive if I didn't understand something so important to them.

    I'd be interested to see if you have an idea as to how we can separate the N from the S, considering that people seem to mistype themselves between these two soooo often.
    Dawn, SMS2016, Julia Bell and 4 others thanked this post.

  9. #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludi View Post
    Oh! So P.M. works here? I thought it would bothersome to others...
    Oh yea because completely derailing a thread is NOT bothersome. /sarcasm

    On topic: I think it is important to note that MOST of the work should be done by the one who is typing themselves not the one who is trying to help with the typing. A lot of people come in just expecting to be told what their type is without looking to much into it.
    Starflakes, Jawz, Acerbusvenator and 4 others thanked this post.

  10. #30

    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletWater13 View Post
    So...I take it you feel that a lot of people have mis-typed themselves as iNtuitives when they are actually Sensors due to not understanding questions on the test or applying the questions to scenarios too specifically.

    That was just the impression I got. However, I must agree in the fact that people can misunderstand the questions, and thus mistype themselves.

    C) I can see your angle on this. My younger sister is an ESFP, and she seems to have a fairly active imagination. However, you also neglected to mention that while everyone imagines or has some kind of fantasy/day-dream, everyone also has to live "in the real world" from time to time. Most of the information guides I've read have said that iNtuitives are more likely to have a well-developed "Sensor" side than "Sensors" are to have a well-developed "iNtuitive" side, because of how important "Sensing" is to our culture and society. That's one of the many reasons why it can be difficult to separate an "iNtuitive" from a "Sensor."

    K) Uh, I actually didn't understand what you were saying here about whether or not you know what "Traditional" means and comparing it to whether or not you're an "N" type. You're probably not an "N" type if you do know what it means, or if you don't know what it means?
    Assuming it's alright to be a little straight-forward here, are you sure it's wise to hinge an entire personality (the "S" and the "N" changes quite a bit in the personality profile) on a detail such as whether or not a person understands a word? You forget that even the strongest of iNtuitives live in a world dominated by Sensors. As for myself, I'm pretty well surrounded by Si and Se doms; I'd never be able to survive if I didn't understand something so important to them.

    I'd be interested to see if you have an idea as to how we can separate the N from the S, considering that people seem to mistype themselves between these two soooo often.
    C) I'm not really sure about this because my education systems had issues with sensors. The typical route is Highschool -> university where one can tune in once more this "higher order thinking" with college as the party bus of "hands-on workers". I had questioned how much my intellectual style is influenced by my university education so I assume there's society dependency on this, subconscious or not.

    Although if your self image is, for whatever reason, in a flux between INFJ and INFP because you have this thing called "imagination that is totally me,me,me" when the possibility of being ISFP is equally valid, then the type descriptions need more terrorism.

    I'd quote up your point on C because it restores some balance to the guide, but I can't edit =S

    K) It's the observation that most people automatically think Si = traditional without a second thought of how they are part of society( this, "tradition") as a whole. Of course you can't decide someone based on their understanding of a single word but think of it as I'm trying to get people to think. Granted, it's usually this single Si=tradition and OMG I'M NOT CULTURE SHEEP issue that potentially sprouts shit storm.

    Consider that most of these "traditional bullshit" are still part of abstract frameworks that can be re-applied in the future. A "hot" thing is hot next to a cold thing, but is a cold thing next to a hotter thing. The idea of traditional-or-"not" is too subjective to be used for typing, in general anyways. Apparently anarchy is cool. But it's even cooler that one is up in this personality theory when many people aren't interested in it so this forum is safe from any anarchy unique-snowflake bombs.

    What if Cognitive functions automatically become the traditional method of whatever social practical use then? Then N= Unique-totally-novel-totally-not-traditional image is kinda moot.
    Last edited by Wakachi; 07-12-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Julia Bell and Growlithe thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Are you forgetful and loose things or don't know where you have put things?
    By MissNobody in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 04:48 PM
  2. Things to consider when you do your form
    By Wakachi in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  3. [ISTP] Some masculine things, some feminine things about you
    By Seamaid in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 02:46 PM
  4. Good things or Interesting things?
    By cardinalfire in forum Member Polls
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 05:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0