How the Member of the Month system works - Page 3

How the Member of the Month system works

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
Thank Tree325Thanks

This is a discussion on How the Member of the Month system works within the Announcements forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Originally Posted by Stephen Adding the following clarification to the op: Vote counts are not secret. If a member wants ...

  1. #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Adding the following clarification to the op:

    Vote counts are not secret. If a member wants to know how many votes have been counted and who they're for, just send me a pm.
    What about the vote? Is it secret? I mean , can a person find out who voted for him?
    The King Of Dreams and Stephen thanked this post.

  2. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramysa View Post
    What about the vote? Is it secret? I mean , can a person find out who voted for him?
    Rather than ask each voter whether they want their vote kept secret, I'd prefer to avoid sharing that.

  3. #23

    What is the typical total vote count for each of the top 3 for a typical month?

  4. #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    What is the typical total vote count for each of the top 3 for a typical month?
    That's hard to say because it fluctuates so much. This month's vote had 28 for The King of Dreams, 13 for the second place member, and five for the third place. A total of seven members received votes.
    The King Of Dreams and Spades thanked this post.

  5. #25

    The thing is, the whole member of the month system is a bit mysterious to those who aren't regulars.
    When I first heard about it, I thought it was the person who had received the most 'thanks' that month, that hadn't previously had an award (hey, it's not a bad idea).

    Would you believe I hadn't actually read this thread until yesterday?
    starri, The King Of Dreams, Stephen and 2 others thanked this post.

  6. #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    The thing is, the whole member of the month system is a bit mysterious to those who aren't regulars.
    When I first heard about it, I thought it was the person who had received the most 'thanks' that month, that hadn't previously had an award (hey, it's not a bad idea).
    I've thought about this a lot. I've been working on the concept in my head for a while, the idea of a "featured post of the month," the post that got the most thanks in that month. I don't know if we have the means to calculate such a thing.

    Would you believe I hadn't actually read this thread until yesterday?
    Yep, I believe almost anything I see in writing.

  7. #27

    when PerC went thru "the change" did Member of the Month become just a thread as opposed to the highlight at the front screen with a link?
    NeonBomb, The King Of Dreams, Stephen and 2 others thanked this post.

  8. #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendi the ISFJ View Post
    when PerC went thru "the change" did Member of the Month become just a thread as opposed to the highlight at the front screen with a link?
    Great question. I will ask Happy about that next time I speak with him. I expect that front page is part of the 80% of the site that's still in progress.

  9. #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Great question. I will ask Happy about that next time I speak with him. I expect that front page is part of the 80% of the site that's still in progress.
    Don't worry, no rush
    Stephen thanked this post.

  10. #30

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    (hey, it's not a bad idea).
    Oh yes it is.

    Don't know 'bout you, but I hardly see the worthwhile contributions being remotely as much thanked as the crap.
    Stephen, Bad Hombre, turmauge and 1 others thanked this post.


     
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why does the member of the month rarely get updated?
    By Mendi the ISFJ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 04:39 AM
  2. [ENFP] A planning system that works?
    By curious0610 in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  3. How our monetary system works.
    By LeafStew in forum Critical Thinking & Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0