Looking for a graphic arts person. - Page 2

Looking for a graphic arts person.

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
Thank Tree50Thanks

This is a discussion on Looking for a graphic arts person. within the Announcements forums, part of the Personality Cafe category; Originally Posted by TreeBob what do you mean? What I mean is that you don't have to look for one ...

  1. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    what do you mean?
    What I mean is that you don't have to look for one artist to do everything, but can look for several artists to work as a collab to do what you are looking for. Most GFX artists don't do original work for example, if we would, I guess we wouldn't be GFX artists, but most original work artists don't do GFX, so maybe you will get better results if you specify what kind of original work you are looking for and then you let GFX artists come up with solutions of how to design that.
    Baccara thanked this post.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by ephemereality View Post
    What I mean is that you don't have to look for one artist to do everything, but can look for several artists to work as a collab to do what you are looking for. Most GFX artists don't do original work for example, if we would, I guess we wouldn't be GFX artists, but most original work artists don't do GFX, so maybe you will get better results if you specify what kind of original work you are looking for and then you let GFX artists come up with solutions of how to design that.
    If you don't do original work then how can someone be an artist? Taking photos off the internet then modifying them isn't really art. All I am trying to say is we can't have someone else's artwork on our site. It has to be designed by a memeber here so that we have permission to use it.

    Also, it is quite possible I won't need "art" at all. New banners are a possibility but not a given. For me personally job one would be a redesign of the member and group badges. like Founder, moderator, Elite Member, etc...

    If we do need a banner at some point it would need to be similar to the kind of thing we have now.


    This was made by someone here for example.

  3. #13

    Just curious, what is this website built on? PHP, Python, Java? Also, the background and general color scheme could use some help. It is a bit drab... Especially when you consider that the subject matter is personality. A nice modest blue could transmit intelligence, honesty and general tranquility.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Humaning View Post
    Just curious, what is this website built on? PHP, Python, Java? Also, the background and general color scheme could use some help. It is a bit drab... Especially when you consider that the subject matter is personality. A nice modest blue could transmit intelligence, honesty and general tranquility.
    I know this is kind of a dead-thread but is this still being planned for? The grey does get a bit drab after a while, it'd be great if someone changed it to blue. I'm sure there are others who'd support this too. :D Even if you just had it as an option that people could change to their preference?

    @Jennywocky @ the other mods I cant remember the names of (I'm sorry...)

  6. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckDudette View Post
    I know this is kind of a dead-thread but is this still being planned for? The grey does get a bit drab after a while, it'd be great if someone changed it to blue. I'm sure there are others who'd support this too. :D Even if you just had it as an option that people could change to their preference?

    @Jennywocky @ the other mods I cant remember the names of (I'm sorry...)

    Hi, well, as far as "is this still being planned for" -- I wasn't even really aware of the thread since it slightly predates me being on staff, and there weren't any discussions about it when I took over the site in June or that I can remember before then.

    Having multiple templates would be nice. It's something we can look into if there is interest, although we might depend on Vertical Scope for some of the work since I don't really see any controls for templates on my end. Changing colors isn't a big deal, although any templates involving other art brings us back to the old request where we'd need people to design art.

    tl;dr it wasn't currently being pursued, but we can look into it further to see about the viability and what would be needed.
    RubberDuckDudette thanked this post.

  7. #16

    @Moonious @GIA Diamonds @Icy Heart @huhh @Magic Micah @darcstar3 @nicoloco90 @Schema B @WorldzMine @Occams Chainsaw

    We're starting a petition to change the PerC colour scheme, help me out here. :D I'm not sure how much support we need exactly but get some friends in on this!

    #makepercgreatagain
    Magic Micah, Icy NiTe, GIA Diamonds and 2 others thanked this post.

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckDudette View Post
    [......]

    We're starting a petition to change the PerC colour scheme, help me out here. :D I'm not sure how much support we need exactly but get some friends in on this!

    #makepercgreatagain
    Rub-a-duck! Present me your ideas/concepts.

    Sorry but I think i'm actually quite pleased with this timeless classic scheme. Just like how I know PerC @Jennywocky
    RubberDuckDudette and Icy NiTe thanked this post.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckDudette View Post

    We're starting a petition to change the PerC colour scheme, help me out here. :D I'm not sure how much support we need exactly but get some friends in on this!

    #makepercgreatagain
    Unfortunately, I’m not a web designer (let alone a graphic artist) but, FWIW, I wholeheartedly endorse/support the proposal.

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckDudette View Post

    #makepercgreatagain
    BTW, that motto sounds utterly amazeballs! I LOVE it, bahahaha
    RubberDuckDudette and Moonious thanked this post.

  10. #19

    What are we changing?! I like the neutral colors here. Maybe make it optional, or a night version (so when I'm browsing from my bed my eyes aren't being blinded, yay).
    VirtualInsanity, Riven and Mysa thanked this post.

  11. #20

    Well, just to be clear:

    1. We're keeping this page design as the default scheme. The scheme is neutral and basic and provides a decent "safe middle ground" for people to enter the site on.

    2. I can talk to VS about maybe adding another scheme or two that people could select, which adds some colors to the current scheme in some non-glaring kind of way. (probably one a blue hue and another that people can suggest). This SHOULD be as easy as taking this scheme and just changing some color values. That would be pretty easy to do, i think, without any page redesign.

    If we are interested in doing something cool, with different art and demanding an actual page redesign (as an additional scheme, not to replace the default), that could be discussed further, but that's about all I can say at this point. It's not really a matter of "getting votes" per se -- the idea sounds like it could add some more "quality of life" benefits to the site -- it's a matter of resources and difficulty, that's all.
    RubberDuckDudette, Moonious and darcstar3 thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Graphic I Saw on Here
    By RobynC in forum Enneagram Personality Theory Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 02:11 AM
  2. Are there many Graphic Designers on here?
    By Incognita in forum Education & Career Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 06:33 PM
  3. Ever wanted to illustrate a graphic novel?
    By Loyalgirl in forum The Art Museum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 11:07 PM
  4. Graphic Novels
    By NephilimAzrael in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 11:11 PM
  5. American Graphic Novels
    By Ninja Nem in forum Book, Music, & Movie Reviews
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0