What do you all think about quitting a job because it doesn't match up with your personality?
I had to ask someone's opinion because I'm the kind of person that can literally talk myself into or out of anything with a solid argument for both sides. Makes it impossible to make decisions. Here are the issues I have with my current position of 10 months:
1. I hate giving presentations and hosting workshops (which are 50% of my job duties... I enjoy the other 50%).
2. I don't like primarily working from home because:
a. I need an enforced structure to work under (too much freedom & free time)
b. I enjoy having competent co-workers to collaborate or socialize with when needed
3. I hate driving to multiple locations for work.
4. I hate that my job responsibilities change constantly week-to-week (no set schedule)
5. I hate that I have no set hours.
Not only do I want something constant and structured, but I want something where I'm not avoiding 50% of my responsibilities due to social anxiety or just my introverted nature. The hard part is that my job is certainly giving me good experience in the field I want to work in, but I don't know if it's worth me being anxious, unmotivated, idle/lonely, stressed, and annoyed for another year of service (there's a 1-2 year service commitment). I would enjoy and be qualified for a job in office support but that would lead me out of the field I want to work in. What would you do?